Import Anime Forums

Full Version: audio sync, japanese track, rurouni kenshin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the FX boxset of RK, and there are a number of places in the Box 1 disks where the audio sync for the Japanese track is off. My question is, has anyone found this problem with the R1s?

Also, I'm really grateful to the reviewers of the FX boxset, because this sync problem was noted there, and now I know it's not just me imagining things or a problem isolated to my FX disks. Tnanks!
Hi, and welcome to IA.

That problem is with all the sets. I don't believe its on the R1's, just a mistake made by fx. The english dub is fine though.
Thanks for the reply, and the welcome. I'm relatively new to anime, and this site seemed like a good one, so that's why I joined. I asked about the R1s because I'd be willing to buy them for the better episodes that have the sync problem, just so long as the problem isn't repeated on them. I've tried out the English track, whick, as you said, is fine as far as sync; but I like the Japanese voice acting so much more.

I'd also love to know what got cut from episode 95's "preview," which in the scene selection menu has white text on black and reads something like "And then there was ..." If I click on this or run the episode to the end, I don't see anything with white text on black, just an ad for the then-upcoming box set.

Also, the profiles extra (disk 1) only gives me Aoshi and Megumi, which I assume is nothing particular to my set, but a general fx glitch or oversight.

In any case, thanks again!
Quote:Originally posted by marka
Also, the profiles extra (disk 1) only gives me Aoshi and Megumi, which I assume is nothing particular to my set, but a general fx glitch or oversight.
Yeah, that is odd about profiles for only those two... it's probably oversight.

I really like the FX Kenshin set, though.
I like the set too. You can't beat it for the bucks. I almost bought the R1 box sets of the first two arcs, but then I read the disks were packaged poorly, and people were getting disks scratched from the get-go because they'd slipped out of their folders. (I just picked up one of those boxes at a store and could hear the disks rattling inside ... I said, forget it.)

I only wish the series itself hadn't deteriorated in the third arc. I just finished the series last night, and watched the Reflection OAV afterwards. Man. I sorta feel something really big got left out. It's a little depressing, because I liked all those characters so much, especially Sanosuke and Kenshin.
I have yet to watch the last 2 discs of that set (for about a year now) so I don't know about the preview and the profiles.

That last arc was made up by the anime creators and didn't follow the storyline of the manga so there are alot of people who were not pleased with those last eps. Although the eps I've seen of that arc weren't to bad IMO.

The reflection movie tried to catch up with the manga and tried to tell the coolest arc (according to the manga readers) in like 45 minutes. Then they thought up the ending. In the manga it all goes verry different. If you want to know more there is another forum where many people of this one go to aswell and it has a separate Kenshin forum. The people there can help you with questions and can tell you alot about the manga. Its at http://www.arcticnightfall.com
Thanks for the tip about the site. I'll check it out.

I wish the whole production company of RK could get back together and do the genuine third arc of the story. And do it in the animation style of the series. I liked Reflection, but its animation is a leap from the series and there's a "disjoint" in the characters (at least to me). Much easier to go from the Trust and Betrayal OAV into the series, than from the series to Reflection.

In any case, thanks again.
I have the MAC set and it also suffers from audio sync problems at times. I'm guessing it may be an FX-rip.