Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Question about Freon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since this doesn't apply to anime discussion, I'll have to post it here.

How many lbs/kg of Freon does a 4 cyclinder car need? My very first car is out of freon for the ac and I have no idea how much freon does the car need?
I'm presently driving my new MDX but I don't feel comfortable in it.

I need the freon otherwise I'll be fried while driving during summer!

Thanks for the help in advance!
Not sure about your car. But last year I had to get my freon refilled and it took 2 canisters and I got charged like $200. I think I must have a freon leak in my car somewhere, because it's blowing out hot air again. I don't have $200 right now to go get a refill though. Sad
I hate that hot air feeling.
It was about 95-100 degrees last 2 weeks in where I live. I almost died while driving.

This is the first time having to refill the freon, that's why I have no idea how much to refill and from what I know, those mechanics, unless you know them, they try to rip you off. I went for oil change once, the very first time I ever went to any auto place, supposed to be only $15, then they came in telling me that I have nails in 2 of my wheels. I'm stupid, I believed them and the total bill came out to be $50. Nobody told me that I shouldn't bothered abt what they said.

How many lbs is 2 canisters? I called a few places and they wanted $120 for my old car. I'm dead broke right now, can't really afford it.
Quote:Originally posted by Japschin

How many lbs is 2 canisters? I called a few places and they wanted $120 for my old car. I'm dead broke right now, can't really afford it.

Stop spending $400 a month on anime and you'll be able to afford it. :p

As for lbs. . . I don't know. I go to my friends gas station right by my house. The guy there was like you needed 2 canisters. My friends dad was there also, so I knew they weren't ripping me off. so I payed the $200 and didn't really ask too many questions.
Teach me how to stop.
I really want to bang my head against the wall whenever I check my credit card statement online these 2 months.
If I cut down/limit myself too much, I know the very next month, I'll go nuts and burn the pocket. I'll buy all those I missed for the past month or so, therefore not much differences.

Man....I guess I'll have to go dig out some $$$ somewhere to fix the ac.
Maybe raid my doggy's piggy bank! Oh yeah...he has a piggy bank, for grooming, clothings, care essentials etc. :p Big Grin
you can crack the windows open and deal with it. I've done that with my car every summer. I can't live with air conditioning, I hate being cold.
My truck has never had ac. I don't plan on fixingit either. All I need is the heater for the winter.Big Grin