Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow (New Movie)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMRROW !!!
Hey,

to give you all a heads up.
i was sent this today for a movie promotion that im going to be doing just wanted to see if you all thought it looks good or what not .

LINK:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/...ftomorrow/

The movie to me looks awesome !
at first it looks like some animation and then cuts to real people but its unique like anime i think it looks dark and mysterious ! ITS LIKE GOTHAM CITY ! its alot like the way tim burton designed batman's surroundings when he made those 2 batman movies. i think it looks so so so great !

Angelina jolie looks good with an eye patch ! ahoy captain !

The Future looks sweet !

-LE
Looks alright, but why is this under Anime Discussion?

Oh, and it defiently does look like Gotham... with robots.

Ever see the Hudsucker Proxy.. I was reminded of that also. It has another abstract version of New York City.
cause it looked like an anime !
now that i have seen more of the movie it doesnt but it could be here ~

so thats why !

no i didnt see that .
was it good?

-LE
Those robots are definitely influenced by Miyazaki.
I SO want to see this movie.
Quote:Originally posted by Last Exile
no i didnt see that .
was it good?
The Hudsucker Proxy? Yeah, it was good, but it's not an action movie or anything like that... more like a comedy/drama. It was very whimiscal. If you have HBO, they play it there from time to time.
the robots remind me of the ones in castle in the sky, very steam punk.
i really like joel coen's other movies to-fargo, the big lebowski, raising arizona etc(in reference to hudsucker proxy). i'm definately seeing this movie, despite my distaste for angelina jolie.
she is ok,
it loooks damn good i cant wait to see the stuff ill get to promote the movie ! maybe little robot keychains or something bad ass hope fully shirts and beanies too!

ill let you know when i get the swag !

-LE
I saw a preview for it a few months ago BUT I also saw one almost a year ago! I have wanted to see this movie for a long time. And even though Angelina Jolie is in it I STILL want to see it...cause man I hate her.