Import Anime Forums

Full Version: The Legend Of Zelda (Prepare Yourself For This))
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Check these AMAZING screenshots out! I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/...index.html
I'm not amazed. I never cared much for the 3d Zelda games, and to be totally and frankly honest, all these 3d games nowadays (especially for the consoles) all seem to have the same decency in 3d rendering. THat is, none of them seem to be that much more impressive over others. However, I did like the way the cel-shaded link looked more like the original 2d link than any other.
Yeah I liked the Cel-Link too. It was a nice homage to the original in a way.
I liked the cel-shaded too, but this... looks awesome! I'm interested to see more. I hope the gameplay's good!
its fucking awesome !

i cant wait to see more and to play it!

Damn!

-LE
Speaking of Zelda.. my friends and I were talking about the new game and we were talking about voice acting.. will Link actually speak? Probably not, Sigeru Miyamoto doesn't want to give Link a voice because he doesn't want to disappoint fans if it's not what they expect. Then again I am thinking... how much longer will fans tolerate no dialouge? Fans may be disappointed without dialouge.
WOW!!
Looks like another game that the Schultzs' are going to have to pick up!!!
I can't wait. I would like to hear Link speak, though actually it's just "The Hero" of that age....
I was far more impressed with being able to play the best Zelda game, the SNES version, on the Game Boy Advance. Since then, the games have been solely for small children. And why they call the games the Legend of Zelda, when Zelda makes no appearance, is beyond me.

Superior graphical quality does not equal superior gameplay and enjoyment. Rock on, old Link!
come to think of it, what nintendo first party game actually had a voice over. i prefer no dialog from nintendo games anyway, it would probably ruin the characters for me. metroid prime2 for the game cube looks fantastic, i saw some screen shots in a mag. plus pikmin 2 and i'm waiting for paper mario 2.
Nintendo listened and gave everyone what it asked for... A more realistic zelda and this game is going to wipe the floor with everybody. Need proof look at the sells of Soul Calibur 2...
I honestly STILL think the Original Zelda is the best. I have never played a game as much as it...except for Armored Core.Wink Big Grin Smile Cool
Quote:Originally posted by BadAsh
And why they call the games the Legend of Zelda, when Zelda makes no appearance, is beyond me.

:confused:

Most of the games do feature a Princess Zelda - I think there are only a few that don't.

Quote:Nintendo listened and gave everyone what it asked for...

In this instance possibly a good thing, but I wouldn't want Nintendo's creativity to be stifled by conceding to the petty demands of the public - I thought the WW look was an incredibly fresh and brave move for a flagship title.
Quote:Originally posted by Prophet Hero
but I wouldn't want Nintendo's creativity to be stifled by conceding to the petty demands of the public

by that token, Nintendo continually producing zelda, Mario and Metroid games could, in itself, be considered pandering to the lowest common dollar. The know the games will sell, and they make them to sell...
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
by that token, Nintendo continually producing zelda, Mario and Metroid games could, in itself, be considered pandering to the lowest common dollar. The know the games will sell, and they make them to sell...

True enough.

However, it's telling that there was relatively lukewarm response, particularly in terms of sales, to Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart and Zelda. The games were good (I can't really comment on MK because I haven't played it), but not amazingly so as their SNES and N64 incarnations were.

I'm excluding Metroid from this criticism because I think that Prime is a truly excellent game, which benefited from skipping the N64 generation of updates.

I guess everyone complains about sequels, but at the same time everyone wants more of their favourite games.

As for the new Zelda's look? It's great, but I hope that Nintendo won't shy away from trying new looks for their games. It seems that 'everyone' thinks Zelda should be 'realistic'-looking reminiscent of 'adult Fantasy'. It's noticeable that the majority that demand this are adolescents usually under the age of 18, who seem oblivious to the fact that one of the best Zelda games to date - A Link to the Past - is one of the most cartoon-looking games ever.
I heard that Wind Waker 2 will look like the first but I have yet to see screens of it. The Zelda I showed is still a working title.
Pages: 1 2