Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Kenshin ED Music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a question for those of you who own or have seen the Legend of Kyoto season of Rurouni Kenshin. The first ED song of this season is the popular Heart of Sword, by TM Revolution, and it plays perfectly with a well-timed animation for the first 11 episodes.

However, past episode 12, there is a new ED animation, which is beautiful. For the first four or five episodes of this new animation, a catchy and lively piece plays. However, on the last episode of the fourth disc (in the R1 Legend of Kyoto set, which is episode 16 in the season), the song switches back to Heart of Sword. The song and the animation match up poorly, and the original song for that animation does not play for as many episodes as I would have liked.

So my question is, is this Media Blaster's fault? Why are most of the episodes with the second ED in the second season set to music that does not match the animation? If this is how it played in Japan, why? It just doesn't work, and it really annoys me that such a good song only gets to play in a handful of episodes. The animation fits so well with it too. Argh.
Just a quick update: I checked and apparently this is the way it was for the Japanese release as well. My only guess is that Heart of Sword was extremely popular in Japan at the time, so it replaced the newer theme.