Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Goldenboy!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Such a funny anime, neone know some that are similar?
I Dream of Mimi (Buttobi CPU) is pretty similar in that it's short, naughty, funny, and creative. However, Mimi is far more innocent in its presentation, leaning towards romance instead of lust. At a concise 3 episodes, it won't waste your time or your money.

A new DVD remaster was just released a few weeks ago, and I can say that it looks great and is worth the money if you enjoyed Golden Boy.
Here are some you may enjoy:

Great Teacher Onizuka
Ping Pong Club
Gokudo
Irresponsible Captain Tylor
Photon

Try those
I vote for Gokudo as well
Kintaro sure gets laid alot more in the manga than in the anime.

Quote:Originally posted by BobDoleX
A new DVD remaster was just released a few weeks ago, and I can say that it looks great and is worth the money if you enjoyed Golden Boy.

I just pre-ordered it from amazon.ca for 14$CDN (which is like 10$US). Thats close to HK prices.
Irresponsible Captain Tylor and Great Teacher Onizuka are two of the best and funniest series Ive seen. I havent seen Golden Boy but I'll have to check it out if people are comparing it to these shows.

Thanks for the tip on the remaster, appears ADV are releasing all six episodes in one set later this month on R1, as part of a line called essential anime. It seems to be a fair price for once too, Amazon have the set for $16.98, while the old R1's cost $26.98 for three eopisodes on Amazon!!

I guess this is one of the few shows I will check out on offical dvds as the cost isnt to exorbitant, too bad more series arent released in this price range, I'd much rather my cash go to support the creators than organised crime Sad.
Quote:Originally posted by DARK OSAMU
I vote for Gokudo as well

I actually just started watching that series. Seen 3 episodes so far.

Let's be honest with the kid. while there are some shows that have some minor similarities to Goldenboy, I have yet to see one that I could honestly sit there and say 'Hey, that's just like Goldenboy'. You'll be hardpressed to find a show that is comparable to Goldenboy in terms of the type of humor and situations that are present in it.
His facial expressions make that show... like in the theme song, it shows him all angry and mean looking, then it focusses on his moutain bike, and at certain points, for minor issues, he gets super mad and lighting bolts come from his head (to show his insane anger).
Actually . . . I can think of one show that can somewhat match Goldenboy in terms of facial expressions. You need to check out Slam Dunk.
Green Green has the perverted aspects of Golden Boy, especially those 3 idiot perverts who have some weird fetishes.