Import Anime Forums

Full Version: do hk's have macrovision??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey does anyone know if there hk's have copy protection on them?? i am just curious s whether they do or dont??

Never checked. But I'd highly doubt it.
why would you wanna go from DVD to VHS? especially since your using HK's the video is not gonna be as good if your source was an R1. but I'd say no on HK's having macrovision because macrovision costs money to put on video.
Quote:Originally posted by tsunami
why would you wanna go from DVD to VHS? especially since your using HK's the video is not gonna be as good if your source was an R1. but I'd say no on HK's having macrovision because macrovision costs money to put on video.

Plus, why would bootlegs have copy-protection? Bootlegs are copies themselves, so I don't think the HK companies are concerned about consumers recording their products onto VHS.
Quote:Originally posted by BobDoleX
Plus, why would bootlegs have copy-protection? Bootlegs are copies themselves, so I don't think the HK companies are concerned about consumers recording their products onto VHS.

Yet, isn't it ironic that the companies put stuff like "All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying, reproduction, lending, public perfomance and broadcasting prohibited." on their discs.

From what it says on the back of Fx boxes I'm not supposed play it in anime club because it says viewing isn't aloud in clubs or schools! RolleyesRolleyes

I used to make VHS copies for travel reasons, & because some of my friends don't have DVD players, & would still like to see the shows/movies I have.

Although good reason, covered under travel though, is at school we only have VCRs in the class. To have a DVD played you have to go to the library, which would be a pain.
HKs do not have Macrovision. I used to watch my DVDs on my TV through a video out htat connected into my VCR. Unfortunately the Macrovision of R1 movies would interfere, whereas the HKs did not have the same problem.
thanks i was just asking because one of my buds wants to see some of the shows i got but his dvd player wont play some of them also i can now watch them at camp ground..
Quote:Originally posted by SirChico
From what it says on the back of Fx boxes I'm not supposed play it in anime club because it says viewing isn't aloud in clubs or schools! RolleyesRolleyes

I never even read that before. I was missing out on much, thanks for pointing it out! That gave me about 30 seconds of good laughter followed by a 30 second contemplation of when I'd find myself wanting to use my DVDs at "Oil Riges"
well, technically, you can't play any copyrighted material in schools without explicit permission, since that constitutes a public showing.
is it not public showings where a fee is charged? i remember reading that somewhere, maybe that was a completely different thing?
With copyrigtht material your not supposed to charge a fee for a group of people to watch it (public performance). But, if no one pays it *can* be considered private. But it really doesn't matter... nothing is going to happen if as long as you don't charge money.
I think the last thing an animation provider would do is bite it's customers for watching their product and not charing for it. But hey some people are all about ze money!
But hey some people are all about ze money!

make that alot in my opinion!
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
£££££££££££££££££££££