Import Anime Forums

Full Version: DBGT Lost Episodes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A quick note to those who were concerned about the missing episodes of DBGT (and are gluttons for punishment). On 7/13/04 Funi will put out the first volume of the missing episodes. Yes, now those special few, like my roomie, can experiance the full horror of this terrible tv series.

Enjoy.
I kept telling you guys that Funi said they would put them out eventually.

You'll finally be able to see what a waste of time those episodes were and why funi decided to save them until the end.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
I kept telling you guys that Funi said they would put them out eventually.

You'll finally be able to see what a waste of time those episodes were and why funi decided to save them until the end.

I will agree with you in the aspect that the first 13 episodes are, what shall I say? Slow... But they shouldn't just cut the viewing and skip them and then do them last... It is just a dumb idea.
Quote:Originally posted by Jaded God
It is just a dumb idea.

You forgot to finish that sentence "to better their chances of making money off of the show." If people got bored by the first few eps only hardcore fans would continue to watch, but throw them something interesting, get them hooked, & then no matter how boring the first part is they're more likely to buy it even if it is just to compelte their collection of the series.
Yes I was going to include something about that. I know that is why they do it but you know what??? They have such a fanbase from Z that I seriously believe they wouldn't lose fans.

Second off they have made sooooo much from Z that it shouldn't even matter about the profits for GT... It would still compensate for them airing and producing in the US, even if only hardcore fans watched.

That is my take on that, anyways.
Quote:They have such a fanbase from Z that I seriously believe they wouldn't lose fans.

When GT came out in Japan, a huge amount of fans were disapointed and many become quite aggitated and stopped watching, mostly because Toryama didn't write GT. I think by chopping those early episodes, they kept the pace of the series from slowing down. Best to keep the masses entertained by lots of flashing lights and screaming than establish a story (and a really bad story at that, imho). Aside from that last part, these words are mostly from my friend, Jame's, mouth (Big DB fan), so don't accept it as gospil or anything.

Quote:Second off they have made sooooo much from Z that it shouldn't even matter about the profits for GT...

Are you crazy? You realize this is the USA we live in right? Capitalist America. There is no such thing as too much profits, especially to a corperation.
Yea I know... But they still have made a ton of profit.