Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Yu-Gi-Oh HK-DVD questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First I want to lay this down:

Yu-Gi-Oh Series 1 JAP = ?
Yu-Gi-Oh Series 2 JAP = Yu-Gi-Oh Series 1 US
Yu-Gi-Oh Series 3 JAP = Yu-Gi-Oh Series 2 US

I have bought Series 2 (JAP)/Series 1 (US), the Hong Kong DVDs from Anime Video which advertise it as "Series 1". It is about duel monsters. "Series 2" Anime Video Hong Kong DVDs is about duel monsters aswell, the ending of it all etc.

Now I know there is 2 releases of HK DVDs out there, that say "Series 1".

Manga International sells a set.
Anime Video sells a set.

I want to know if Manga International DVDset is Series 1 (JAP). Yu-Gi-Oh! before the duel monsters was about Yu-Gi in school, getting the millenium puzzle, fighting off bullies, etc. This is the series I am mostly interested in, and I am not sure "what" is included in the Manga International "series 1". It has the same amount of episodes to Anime Video, and thats all I really know.

Anyways I would really like to know.

Thanks!
Sorry I can't help. I'm not a big Yu-Gi-Oh fan. Though I might try to check it out sometime.
This has gotta be the fourteenth time I've typed this on some message board.

The first original series will never be released. It had a much lower budget, so the character design and animation was alot alot worse, and the cards looked COMPLETLY different then the current series, and there were little to zero special effects.

I can understand why they didn't license series 1, since the ONLY episode that fits in with series 2's plot is episode 1. I think they should've released just episode 1 with the rest of series two, but that's just me.

I heard that there was a HK DVD of the series one with HORRIBLE UNWATCHABLE video quality and chinese-only unremovable subs, but i never came across them.

I am fansubbing the entire series onto DVD and VHS, and the only way to get these would be to buy the unsubbed imported VHS release from japan like I did.

Hope this helps.
Question, Does Yu Gi Oh end with Series 3? Or is there more planned or something?
Hook me up with some fan subs when they are ready. :mrgreen: I'll be subbing some Hong Kong Cinema if anyone would be interested.
)Well, if you want to sponsor lemme know.

So far many many people have the same opinion as you and are asking for notices when I finish subbing it. Smile

The DVD release of it by me probably won't come out for a while because I still need it transferred to DVD or to my computer so then I can author it.

(I refuse to make a DVD that just plays when you pop it in. If it doesn't have motion menus, background music, selectable subs, and multiple menus, it isn't good enough for me Big Grin )
Uhhhhhhhhh, you probably won't finish subbing the series like that. It would take too long. But if it's a hobby I say go for it. Let me know how things go. I'm just subbing onto VHS, because that's convient for me.
Take too long ? No way. I can get it done REALLY quickly.

It would take me less then 2 weeks for the first volume for sure.
How many episodes on the disc? Also who is your translator? Mop up any other mistakes that you find in your subs, audiences are very picky. Trust me, it sucks to sub. My friends and I subbed the trailer to Jackie Chan's A Police Story and First Strike. We hope to get more, but currently we're so busy with school that it doesn't look to be in our favor. In the free time we like to film some CKY videos. I can feel the shopping carts already!!!! :mrgreen:
I've subbed before and don't think it's as bad as you're making it seem. :wink:

I'm going to put four episodes per disc, but it might be three only for some series in order to make higher quality. I'm restricted to the regular 4.7 GB DVD-R since no one but commercial companies can do higher.

My translator is varying, but I do have people look over the subs and everything for me to see if they find any typos or disagree with a certain translation line.

Anyways, regularly four episodes per DVD. They all have very very interactive motion menus which look more proffesional then most commercial DVD's I've seen.
Sounds really cool. ^_^ So do you know Japanese? My friend deals with the Catonese translating.
I wish I knew japanese. I gotta pay big bucks for the translations. :?
Who does it for you? Do you have a translator, and do you have a subbing group?
Millennium Anime is the DVD/VHS fansubbing group, and we have no translator yet, but we will use Loae666 unless we can find a cheaper one.
Try to find a friend. As I said my friend knows Catonese. Budaboom, FREE!!!!
Pages: 1 2