Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Excel saga yes or no?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Would anyone recommend trying to get Excel saga. I saw the first three episodes and was confused out of my mind.
excel saga is cracked out and extremely funny/silly and nonsensical, i would recommend it if you like that kind of stuff. check out furi curi or a new anime from the creator of excel saga puni puni poemi, its just as funny
Excel is funny I think in the first few episodes. However, I lost interest by the 5th episode and traded my HK set away and sold my R1s.
It turned out to very annoying to watch and the main character is to loopy and the story line is totally messed up. I honesly tried to laugh at some of the stuff but I caught myself fake laughing to show my friends I didn't make a mistake buying this piece of mind numbing crap.
I liked this show a lot.
Its one of the only two R1 shows that I own.
The hk set by FX and Mac are well done so picking up either one of those is a good move. Though i would suggest the FX set since it has the cool vid notes that my R1's have.
The humor in Excel Saga never resonated well with me. I've always found ecchi shows like Mahoromatic and more tame comedies (in terms of the hyperactivity of the characters and general series), such as Magic User's Club to be much more amusing. I couldn't recommend Excel Saga unless you plan to watch it with a group of wacky friends.
I liked excel saga it is funny I think you need a sick sense of humor to enjoy it to the fullest. I liked about 20 of the episodes. If you like excel I recommend checking out puni puni poemi that is a short but very funny 2 episodes. the main character talks almost as fast as excel if not faster
haruka
NO, NO, NO!!
Personally, I hated Exce Saga. I have a sick sense of humor sometimes...and I can't stand Exel!!!
Well if you saw the first 3 episodes and found it confusing then I would say no.

I didnt care for it.
no
Quote:Originally posted by matthewmalay
Well if you saw the first 3 episodes and found it confusing then I would say no.

I didnt care for it.

I'm with him on both accounts.
no Excel Saga sucks. I hate that damn anime.
I was told that the Manga Excel Saga was 10 times better than the show, then I was told a ton of jokes & the srot from the show. None of which even caused me to smile from anything more than curtisy.
Im forcing myself to watch episode 6 just because I have the FX set and have to watch it.. But I want to just throw the set against the wall when I watch it.. Or blow my tv up.

Show makes me angry at how stupid it is. It isn't funny.
the manga is better than the anime, in my opinion...but neither are really good
Pages: 1 2