Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Kore?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone watch Naruto? When Konohamaru speaks, almost everytime he says "kore" at the end of the sentence. Does anyone know what it means (no, it doesn't mean "this")? Is it a particle used to show emphasis?
I didnt notice that, im taking japanese right now in school and I cant remember if that means anything or not at the end of a sentence.

Also, naruto is awsome, it one of my favorite animes ever.
I'm taking Japanese now too, but of course you have to follow the book and anything you want to know you need to ask your teacher or you'll never find out (usually dictionaries don't have this kind of definition in them - or at least the ones I've looked at).
its probably unimportant, and meaningless, like the stuff kenshin says at the end of every sentence.
most likely, yes, but it still gives him his uniqueness, and therefore must serve some importance or have some distinct property about it. maybe only kids say it if they're speaking to someone they respect or something along the lines of that
i talked to my friend who knows japanese, he said that kore means HERE .
Quote:Originally posted by israfel
i talked to my friend who knows japanese, he said that kore means HERE .

Kore means "this," koko means "here."

Anyway, I asked my teacher and he had no idea. The only thing he could think of was that maybe it showed some kind of pause, like a pause particle or something (you know, they have a particle that expresses emphasis, why stop there?). He's never heard anyone use it before, and he's lived in Japan for 3 years.
INTERESTING
omoshiroi?
That means interesting for the others that dont know.
Quote:Originally posted by -spike-
That means interesting for the other that dont know.

I know, israfel said "INTERESTING" so I said "omoshiroi"
Fushigi na nazou
??? Dont know what that is.
not sure what kore means...but what kenshin says is de gozaru na, which means 'so it is' :p
well kore kinda goes with
Kore, Sore, Dore

when talking about items..
Kore = this here.. which is an item next to you.
Sore = that there which would be an item next to the person talking to you..
Arae = That over there which is which is by neither person..

not sure if i spelled them all correctly..
Pages: 1 2