Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Whats the best Gundam Series ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Quote:Originally posted by Jaded God
You mean shonen? I don't think G Wing is a shoujo aka for girls.

i dont think dark osamu literally ment that wing was based on a shojo manga, i reckon he was just takin the piss outta the male characters for being little bitches. obviously its not shojo, its gundam, and im sure dark osamu knows its isnt, heck he probably knows more about anime than you and i put together, hes been on these boards for a long time ya know, a short life-time perhaps?

anyway ive seen most of the gundam series except seed and my favorites are probably wing and G, and personally i think wing is easily better, but G had a lot going for it too.
Quote:Originally posted by sanosuke
i dont think dark osamu literally ment that wing was based on a shojo manga, i reckon he was just takin the piss outta the male characters for being little bitches. obviously its not shojo, its gundam, and im sure dark osamu knows its isnt, heck he probably knows more about anime than you and i put together, hes been on these boards for a long time ya know, a short life-time perhaps?

anyway ive seen most of the gundam series except seed and my favorites are probably wing and G, and personally i think wing is easily better, but G had a lot going for it too.

You can talk for yourself... Just because someone has been on an HK board longer doesn't obviously mean they know more than someone about anime. Rolleyes Dark is my friend anyways... I know he wasn't being literal.
Quote:Originally posted by prince_majin
Gundam Seed by far. Everything on this show beats all the other Gundam shows combined.

You're new to Gundam, aren't you? >_>
Quote:Originally posted by Suzakuseikun
You're new to Gundam, aren't you? >_>
I defiently am. All I saw of Gundam was a little bit of G Gundam and a little bit of Gundam Wing from Toonami. (this isn't my perferred choice of viewing)

While a lot have been named... I wonder. What would be a good one to start with? Just for future reference.. I really haven't seen a lot of mech anime.
i've been a gundam fan for a long time now, but i can't stand seed. its basically a ripoff from a bunch of previous gundam series. and there something wrong with all the characters' face, i dunno what it is, they just look weird
Quote:Originally posted by Suzakuseikun
It helps to know a bit about Newtypes before jumping into X. That, and the ending was a cop-out, seeing it was cancled.

I'm only familiar with Newtypes from what I saw from Gundam X, and my other shows (08th MS, Wing) Currently awaiting the 0079 set MAC as a temp. set...I admit the ending was kindy shaky, but it got cancelled because of Eva..I prefer the characters from X because some of the characters from Seed didnt really intrest me, for example like Frey...I found her actions odd or just plain weird at times..

prince_majin: No comment on ur comment..
I didn't mean to come off as a pompous jackass [Okay, I did...] however, it's true. SEED is a ripoff of Zeta, MSG, and a few other series. As a fact, the first 15 episodes are taken scene-by-scene from MSG.

I don't believe any of the series are bad, per'se. I prefer some over others.Wing and SEED are good if you haven't seen anything prior, and from there you can work into older series. I know MSG tends to turn off a lot of people because it really does show its age, as well as it is rather slow moving.

If you want to start in UC Gundam, I'd say grab 08TH MS Team. It's short, has good characterization, and takes place in the latter half of MSG. From there, work through MSG, watch 0083, then grab Zeta Gundam.

If you want to go the AU route, grab Wing. It seems to draw a lot of fans in. From there, grab X, and then G. Note that G is more like a fighting anime, a lot more like Super Robot Wars.
Quote:Originally posted by Jaded God
You can talk for yourself... Just because someone has been on an HK board longer doesn't obviously mean they know more than someone about anime. Rolleyes Dark is my friend anyways... I know he wasn't being literal.

i know that just because someone has loads of hits dont mean that they are an anime god or anything, just if hes nerdy enough to have over 2500 posts (no offence) then im sure he knows his shojo from shonen. i myself havent got too many posts and i dont think i know everything about anime either, i was just defending dark osamu's dignity, but hey theres no need to fight, we're all the same here, otaku through and through!
sanosuke.. I am just wondering... How do you know I don't post at any other anime board online? I could have 1000000 posts.. It really doesn't make a difference. heh. I am not fighting with you though and I know you aren't with me Cool
Gundam Wing is the best one out there aside from Gundam Seed. But doesn't it all depend on th age group or how long people have been into something? I am weird and I love the classics but aren't we getting ahead of ourselves here? Whatever, the case I have said what I have to say.
Now boys let's not take something I said seriously. And I'm not a nerd for having so many posts...I'm an UBER NERD!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
No, you're a dork, get it right. Tongue
:p
My, my. Everyone gets along so well here. lol. It is entertaining. ^_^
While 08th MS team is bland for the most part, it has an excellent final two episodes (I'm going to ignore Miller's report and that silly one at the end). Though You'll probably wonder why the Zeon get all the interesting characters while the eponymous heroes are pretty flat.

If you're a more classical anime fan you'll probably want to look at the original series or Zeta.

ZZ was weak by comparison to Z and somewhat aimless and random in overall plot.

Wing has some AU classic style designs but suffers from overall dullness to it.- there's nothing that sticks in your mind-

I rather like Turn A, despite its weird designs. Though not really one for action fans
Pages: 1 2 3 4