Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Question for the women?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, say your married, is it possiable to have strickly plutonic relationships with other women? THis questions is more directed towards the women. Would you allow it? Would you allow you husband to have a girl friend strickly in the plutonic way?
Well I'm not a woman but I don't see a problem with having buddies of the opposite sex, however, the way you keep talking about these women and the wording you use, you are up for a divorce.
Yeah, surprise, i agree with Dark Osamu.

Buffgod, you need to talk with your "wife" about these questions. Communcation is key to any relationship. Remember that listening is a part of communicating too.
Buffy:

Are you trying to tell us that you are married while you keep telling us your wife is your gf?

So if the females on the board say that they allow their husband to have plutonic r/s with other women, you are gonna show it to your wife and say," SEE! Other women have no problems abt it so why should you?"

Hehehehehehhee Big Grin :p

For me, as long as my husband is behaves himself with his plutonic girl friends, I have no prob. But if he dares to go astray, it's divorce. No compromise, no councelling, no nothing. Straight to the lawyers....
Quote:Originally posted by Japschin
Buffy:

Are you trying to tell us that you are married while you keep telling us your wife is your gf?

So if the females on the board say that they allow their husband to have plutonic r/s with other women, you are gonna show it to your wife and say," SEE! Other women have no problems abt it so why should you?"

Hehehehehehhee Big Grin :p

For me, as long as my husband is behaves himself with his plutonic girl friends, I have no prob. But if he dares to go astray, it's divorce. No compromise, no councelling, no nothing. Straight to the lawyers....

EXACTLY! And Ex-Girlfriends are a no-no!!!
Wow...

My wife actually encourages me to have friendships with other women. It's weird to know that open marriages are typically looked down upon but that within my group of friends it's quite common.

The one thing I have to agree with that's been said is that you absolutely have to keep honest and open with your wife. Whenever you feel that you have to hide something from her, be it another woman who is your friend, sneaking a drink when she's not around, or even ordering a whack of anime then there is a problem with your relationship. Your spouse should not be your keeper. If there is something that you want to do but she doesn't want you to do it then you need to work out some sort of compromise between the two of you. This requires constant communication and total respect for each other.

I will say that there are no hard and fast rules that apply to all marriages. Some people are comfortable with their spouses having friends of the opposite gender while others aren't. Having people tell you what they prefer in a forum will only tell you what sort of options there are. What you decide is entirely up to you and your wife.
Quote:Originally posted by Ka-Talliya
EXACTLY! And Ex-Girlfriends are a no-no!!!

Hehehe...exactly! One of my gf allowed her ex-husband to remain friends with his ex. Well, nothing went on for 2 years, not to my gf's knowledge though. One day she came home after a business trip to HK for a week, she found her ex-husband in bed with his ex............

As long as you don't betray your wife's trust, I guess it's ok for a guy to have female friends.

For me, I would state very clearly to my hubby that it's no prob that he has female friends. Just make sure that he doesn't cross the line.....there will be no turning back.....

Still, wife is wife, gf is gf....different....
So these plutonic women are hot? I kinda think the Martian ones are kinda sexeh mehself ^_^.

If you're talking about non-sexual relationship, then I think you're trying to say platonic.

Don't you just love it when people try to be all technical about things? =P
Indeed.

But it seems that the question at hand is, is it alright to call your wife your girlfriend?

To me, girlfriends are not that serious. You say wife, that's pretty permanent. So, don't call your wife your girlfriend, and everything should be alright.