Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Escaflowne movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every time i finish an anime series i feel like, "aww, that was all?" I always get online to see if there is an OVA series or movie for more of the story. I was just wondering, the visions of escaflowne movie, is it just a shortened version of the series or something new?
From what I understand it is a condensing of the show. I have it and it can be a tad confusing.
Yes & H3ll no.

I would say it's a decent title for a stand alone, but to tell the truth it's not that that great, & if you liked the show chances are you won't like the movie. The character's personalities are switched around, & stuff like that.

Plus Escaflowne is only part of the movie for like 20 minutes if that. Although I must say the fight sceanes were wonderful.
So, over all it's a decent movie, but I wouldn't pull any teeth to see it. As for being a condensed version, like I said it has the whole gist of the show, it's just not to detailed on the plot.

For those of you who have seen it you'll probably know what I'm talking, epeacially when you look at Van's intent through out the entire movie, but then when he's at his goal his morals take a 50 foot leap, & his goal changes for no reason at all.

I'd like to say that I haven't seen the movie in a while so I may be a bit off on what I've said.

Results: Watch it, you won't learn anything new, but you'll see a different side of the plot/story itself; even if this side has little in common with the show.
hell no,
diffent in every way.
i saw the series first and it was awesome !
the movie is like the show but the story and characters are a tad diffent like the roles and what there powers are ! its a must see if you loved the series.

-LE
The TV series is better in almost everyway besides animation.

I like the movie but it just feels rushed & chessy, we don't even get to know the characters much. The TV series is much more deep & of course has much more character development.
I agree that the story in the movie felt rushed when compared to the TV series. Two hours of development and plot just can't compare to 13 hours.

I thought the animation in the TV series was great and the animation in the movie blows it away. If you're interested in seeing some great eye candy with major similarities to the TV show then this is definitely worth seeing.

Personally, I felt a bit let down because there isn't much new story being told in the movie and the actual story telling was so much richer in the series.
It's entertaining for what it's worth. But not as great as the TV series. Worth a watch.
the movie is a darker version of the series, but it doesn't follow the series exactly. it has better artworks and its an alrite movie on its own rite