Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Problem with Winamp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I fastworded a song by using the cursor. It screws up so that the wave balance volume goes down all the way after every song. It gets really annoying. Anyone know how to fix it?
just curious what version of winamp are you using winamp 2 or 3?
yeah.... if you're using 3 it's probably a bug (3 seems to be VERY buggy)

if its 2.... then i really can't help much.... sorry
Yup. It's 2.80 . It happened before. It happens when I can't make up my mind and fast foward (would it be backward? heh heh) to the beginning of the song. The mouse button is still down and I flip back and foward fast. It fucks up and the volume goes way down (in fact all the way). It suck because I like to play some MP3s in my house while I walk around. It sucks having to adjust the audio because of it. I've already had to do it once while writing this. God it pisses me off like a bitch.
Hum well not sure about why winamp2 would be doing that.. what output device do you have selected? DirectOutput or Wavoutput? just wondering.. though have no clue to why it would be doing that.. You could try 3.0 it works great for me except it crashes on my Huge playlist (2000+) files with a assertion failure. But other then that its great.. I like the Playlist editor better you can have multiple playlist's open etc.. And you can keep both on your system to try it out.. ;o)
That's funny Schultz, other than me, you're the only person I've heard praise Winamp 3.

All I hear from other people is "It's buggy like a mofo", "It crashes like a mofo", and "It hogs system resources like a mofo".
Well most people complain and bitch about a software when its first release.. they don't care that it was a first release.. Stuff is going to be buggy.. And also it took a while before Winamp 2 was really stable.. Also with winamp 3 you can remove alot of the core plugin stuff to make it lighter and run just as fast.. People are just to much to suck shit sucks then actually realize that stuff takes time and also Nullsoft was pressured by AOL to get this Released.. though i don't like the video player in it.. I will stick with Media Player Class by Gabest since it looks like Wmp 6.4 but plays DVD's and Real Media files..
Reinstalled. Problem solved.