Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Anyone have problems with Outlaw Star or Berserk?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I will prob. be buying outlaw star and berserk and I just wanted to know if anyone had any problems with thier FX sets. Please let me know.
Well I had one episode lock up on me on the last disc but I don't have that prob anymore and here's my story. I watched it i don't know how many times when I used my PS2 for a player. Then one day this episode locked up. Never did before then all of a sudden it wouldn't play past that ep without me having to skip it. But I broke out my old GE player and have yet to have this problem again.Rolleyes I guess it depends on the player. No problems other than that. It is totally worth getting.
I have the MAC set its good untill you hit episode 4 or 5 it wont let me play it it locks up and doesnt work. even on my pc it skips. other than those episodes it perfect ! but then again it might just be my dvd players !

-LE
But you have the MI set though right?
I have both the Berserk and Outlaw Star FX sets. Berserk plays flawlessly and is a great release.
However, my first disk of Outlaw Star will not play the first 5 episodes and skips throughout the 6th ep, but the rest plays fine.
I cant decide if I should wait and get the Mac perfect collection of both or just buy the FX ones. Do the problems with disks usually have to do with the dvd player or the dvd itself?
Generally speaking it is normally a problem with the disc itself. The Outlaw Star problems I had with disc
The Outlaw Star problems I had were due to a physical problem with with the disc itself. A friend of mine has the same set and I can play his dvds with no problem on my player. I purchased when it first was released by FX and my friend purchased his only a month ago so purhaps the problems have been fixed in subsequent printings.
Cool, I was thinking that all the problems with both set were prob. fix by now.
I have the Berserk FX set and it works fine. Ordered it here around 3 weeks ago so if there were problems they should be fixed.

My Outlaw Star is MI and shows a lot of macroblocking and rainbow artifacts, and worst of all came from a place that puts adds at the beginning (first and last time ordering from there).
i have the fx copy of outlaw star and i have no problems with it. I did notice that if you play it on a cheap dvd player or a ps2 you will have skipping problems.
i got my outlaw star FX set about 3 weeks ago...watched through it all, it played fine, except it froze for about 2~3 seconds on one of the episodes on the 3rd disc, but other than that it was perfect
I ordered Outlaw Star a couple months ago and just got around to watching it the other night. However, it freezes up on my PC or in my DVD player about halfway through the first episode, and then when I move the tracer bar to try to skip the error it freezes again.

It seems as if after the 4th episode it may clear up, but I don't want to continue the series without the opening episodes. After examining the disk and comparing it with the second, it looks as if there is some kind of fog on the underside. *shurgs* oh well.
clean it (might be minerals from condensation).
or it may be a dodgy set

my FX outlaw star disc 1 was faulty but when it got repressed and replacement sent to me that worked fine

plus my FX Berserk works flawlessly