Import Anime Forums

Full Version: CDCheck?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does CDCheck work good at determining errors like freezing or problems with HK discs. It would help greatly since I don't get around to watching all the sets I have till a while.

If It could check for problems then I would instantly know which are defective and which need replacing so I can rest peacefully and watch anime at my own pace. Also if CDCheck can't do this then anything else someone recommends? Thanks.
Yes CDCheck will be able to tell you if you can't read anything from the Disc.. but the problem is Most people i have read said most discs work fine in there Computer DVD player.. Just not in a standalone.. So if its fine in your computer you still might have problems with it in your DVD Player.
Yea that's what I have read from you guys Schultz. In one of your posts about CDCheck.

Like for instance my Tenchi Muyo OAV! Perfect FX Collection, isn't all that perfect lol. On the last disc, the second one, it freezes at a certain episode on both my dvd players. And it is noisy as heck on all of my dvd players, even my computer dvd drive.

BUT ... My computer was able to play through that episode.
If you're talking about the defective FX discs, it will just not register that a disc is in the drive. If something is wrong with the second layer, chances are it won't be able to read the whole thing. Usually I just throw a disc in my DVD-Rom and skip around the disc for a few seconds seeing if the whole thing works.
I downloaded CDCheck and I checked 4 discs of the same set. It said there were no errors. Later on I was watvhing those discs and I got to the 3rd disc I checked and it's defective! (I sent it in a while ago)

Not only did it NOT detect Fx errors Sad, but when I downloaded it, some bad spyware came with it :mad:!
Quote:Originally posted by SirChico
I downloaded CDCheck and I checked 4 discs of the same set. It said there were no errors. Later on I was watvhing those discs and I got to the 3rd disc I checked and it's defective! (I sent it in a while ago)

Not only did it NOT detect Fx errors Sad, but when I downloaded it, some bad spyware came with it :mad:!

Whats the URL .. because the CDCheck that i download.. well there is no installer its just a Zip file and there is no Spyware what so ever.. ;o)

but like we have said on this post.. i bet that disc would of played in your computer just fine.. Thats the problem.. computer DVD roms seems to play the discs when Standalone's won't.. or at least some standalones won't.. i guess the eyes in the Roms are stronger then whats in the DVD players..