Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Favorite HK Set?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is your favorite HK set guys.. Just wondering what everyone would say.

I would have to say the Berserk FX perfect collection is a really great HK set.
Probably Cowboy Bebop... it feels so nice rubbed against my face...

Berserk comes in a few days though.
I will say "Anne of Green Gables" by MAC

There are several reasons for this:
1. I would've never had a chance to watch this wonderful show if it wasn't for HK set. No fan subs. No R1.
2. Nice video transfer and almost flowless subtitles.
3. The show is as good as the book. Not many shows can say this.
4. very touching story
5. terrific value - 50 episodes in 5 discs. Can't beat that. Actually, you don't want them to beat that.
Berserk

Tekkaman Blade

Gokudo
I don't know if I have a favorite HK set, I mean they're HK's!!!!

I guess if I had to choose one, I'd say Initial D simply because the R1's are crap and this was a wonderful series that I otherwise would have passed on after hearing the dubs.

As for my favorite anime set, it would be my LE Cowboy Bebop R1 set.
I have all of Initial D on vhs fansubbed... But I looked into getting the MAC HK's and some of them don't have that great of reviews... Are they good? You have all of 1st, 2nd, 3rd stage, extra stage, etc?
I have the MI ones. But I like them. No major problems and the subs are actually pretty good.
-RahXephon
-Love Hina
-Escaflowne

-LE
I wouldn't pick an R1 rip cause all they have to do is just rip, re-encode and re-author the DVDs. I'm not saying it isnt alot of work and that I don't not appreciate them but the officials DVDs will be in most cases better or at the best, equal to the HKs and have the same or more audio and subtitles options

Macross: DYRL FX
Maison Ikkoku MI
Flame of Recca MI

There are not the best in terms of quality but what are the alternatives. Only Maison Ikkoku is being released on R1 DVD and after only Viz sat on their license for an eternity.
The Golden Boy Set is NICE too.
For having everything perfect, FX Berserk. Gonna buy the official boxset once i move house.

Otherwise i liked my mainland Hunter X Hunter Set even though quality was patchy, due to the anime itself being so good. Ended up selling and buying the official set though as i enjoyed it too much.
I really like the Rurouni Kenshin Limited Edition Box Set from FX. It comes in an awesome box and it looks very proffesionally done. As for video quality... it's good enough for me Big Grin!
DBZ Movies set (Mac)
FMP (MI)
Trigun (MI)
Hellsing (MI)
Gundam W (MI)
I was gonna say Hellsing by Fx because its perfect with its beatiful gatefold and all the extra's with no loss of quality on only 2 dvd's.

But for value for money and the set that I'm happiest with I'm going to take Kakomu's suggestion of the DBZ movies box set, also because it use to be so hard to find all the movies in one place, for download or for sale.
I would say my favorite is the FLCL fx perfect collection. It is a simple 1-disk release, but the video quality is amazing. There is no reason that the R1s should have been released over 3 volumes for only six episodes.
(this set saved me about $60)