Import Anime Forums

Full Version: DragonBall 1-13 Funi Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is Funimation going to release the first 1-13 eps of dragonball on DVD? I heard they would once the licensing with Trimark runs out.

I want to know so instead of buying 1-13 on dvd from trimark.. Wait for the r1 from funi of it and then MAC should rip it right?

Any idea on how long it is expected to come out if it does?
On a side note check this auction out.. It says its the real Funimation 1st part of the saga of Gokou and it looks pretty authentic!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...21306&rd=1
Quote:Originally posted by Jaded God
On a side note check this auction out.. It says its the real Funimation 1st part of the saga of Gokou and it looks pretty authentic!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...21306&rd=1

1st of all, who would pay that much money for that even if it was real? But I doubt it is. Look at his feedback. He's sold HK's on there before. Then the description of this item:

"And... as a bonus, you will receive a HUGE list of VERY hard to find anime sites that sell things you cant find anywhere else. everything from DVD sets to action figures. The sites contain a lot of very rare dvds including Dragonball GT ENGLISH DUBBED Perfect collection on DVD for $35 and much more"

He's gonna give you a list of HK sites. Rolleyes
Don't know how you figured that out from the feedback, on account of he only has one where he's been the seller and that just says "item not as described" which could mean many things. However, I am rather sure it is a HK of some kind for all the reasons you listed plus you'll notice in the Item Specifics Region Code is blank, therefore signifying it's probably Region 0. A HK really shouldn't go for $250 Sad

However if it is a HK I'm curious to know which one it is if it does truely contain an English Uncut version with Japanese language and subtitles. There's nothing like it in the database.
It's not a bootleg, it's an official release from Madman Entertainment (Australian company). If you look closely you can see the logo.

For some weird reason the australian release of it was earlier than the US one. The problem for those in the US is that it's in PAL and not NTSC.
For those of you who are interested in buying this version, here is a site that sells it for a very good price of around 26 US dollar. The set also seems to include the first movie ^_^
http://www.fbo.com.au/movie.asp?ID=10505
Quote:Originally posted by Owozifa
Don't know how you figured that out from the feedback, on account of he only has one where he's been the seller and that just says "item not as described" which could mean many things.

You're right. I didn't look carefully enough. He bought some Vandread boots, not sold them.

Thanks for clearing that up shadypower. I did notice this in the description on that website that this guy doesn't seem to put in his Ebay description.

"WARNING! This DVD is formatted for playback on PAL systems (Australia / Europe). This DVD may NOT be viewable in countries with the NTSC system. (US / Canada) "
Quote:It's not a bootleg, it's an official release from Madman Entertainment (Australian company). If you look closely you can see the logo.

It seems you are right. Good one.

And boy if it still isn't a huge rip off. Some poor sap will probably buy the thing and not even be able to play it.
well actually they are just buying the link to the website where they can purchase it for $25
Yea that's ebay for you. Anyways I knew it wasn't an R1 it couldn't be.

Just wanted to know what kind of scam that was... Anyone care to answer the first question, about FUNi producing the first 1-13 eps uncut when Trimarks license runs out.
DON'T BUY IT!!! Its a fake, its not the release that funimation said they were going to release uncut because the name the saga of goku its the name that trimark gave to the old box set and since they'll release the uncut part after the trimark license has expired they will give the name of PILAF SAGA because the name Sga of Goku dosen't make sense because everything is about Goku, and as you can see the item name has saga of goku but the box set picture says Saga of Goku, and it has the funimation style of the other box sets so it can't be the one by funimation. It also looks like they make that picture themselves, it dosen't look real.
umm who said they were going to buy it??? None of us.. I just posted it for you all to see.

Read the thread next time Wink
Well, I was under the impression that the license from Trimark already expired. I think they're just waiting to release it.
I just checked Animeondvd and it's not planned for July, and amazon even had some other DBZ releases up for september 30th (end of the Cell games) but the first DB set wasn't there. Conclusion......it's gonna take awhile Wink
Quote:well actually they are just buying the link to the website where they can purchase it for $25

Of course, at auction closing yesterday (4/24), some schmoe paid US$118.50 for the RIGHT to buy the item, not for the item itself. The entry said:

Quote:NOTE: the winning bidder will be given a LINK to a very special and exclusive website where this awesome dvd may be purchased for $25!! This website is not on ANY search engine and you will never be able to find it again. THIS IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME CHANCE TO OWN THIS AMAZINGLY RARE DVD SET!!!

(The bold parts I put there myself for emphasis.)

And he's now looking for another sucker:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4185079394

And even though they are real, I doubt Madman got the license from Funi, as they predate the Trimark/Funi R1s.

I wonder if someone has the guts to report this idiot to eBay, considering that winning the "item" does not mean that you'll get the item itself.

Quote:"WARNING! This DVD is formatted for playback on PAL systems (Australia / Europe). This DVD may NOT be viewable in countries with the NTSC system. (US / Canada) "

Of course, most computers with a DVD drive can play PAL discs, and most newer NTSC DVD players have the capability to convert between PAL and NTSC (especially Apex players). The one thing you need to worry about is the region code (R4 in Australia).