Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Nosebleeds?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have wondered about this for some time now, in anime when a guy sees a hot chick or a naked one, why does thier nose bleed?
i assume its something to do with high blood pressure and the heart beating faster, either that or blood rushing to head perhaps?
Japanese superstition/cultural belief/joke that when you think perverted thoughts, you get a nosebleed. It's not just in animation.
I've actually read a reason for this before, by they said it was because of the size of the pores that anime characters have. Which they also used to explain why they sometimes get a very big swet drop on their head.

I've also heard someone say that girls blush, which means blood is running to their head, so why not the guys have nose bleeds, but the best answer would probably be ElVaquero's.
Quote:Originally posted by ElVaquero
Japanese superstition/cultural belief/joke that when you think perverted thoughts, you get a nosebleed. It's not just in animation.

I have heard it this way also.. But i have heard it a little futhor that its only guys that are still haven't been with a women.. as with most of the animes unless you watch hentai..
Maybe it has to do that when aroused blood rushes from the brain to the you know what so fast that some leaks out the nose.
Quote:Originally posted by matthewmalay
Maybe it has to do that when aroused blood rushes from the brain to the you know what so fast that some leaks out the nose.

That's part of what I had read before, which they also used to explain why girls in anime blush.
I think it wqas on the list of Anime Rules/Laws.
cool, thanks for the info guys. Now I know.
And knowing is half the battle.Wink

It is an old wives tale about perverted thoughts giving you nosebleeds.
It's an oriental thing, not just limited to japanese. Kind of linked to the way alot of asians glow like a beacon when they drink alcohol. :o