Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Lupin The 3rd Question ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

Ok here it goes, I've always been a big fan of Lupin and his adventures etc; now the question is:

Should I go ahead and by the set's available through MI and MAC or is there any news on FX, MAC or MI ripping the region 1's (there on vol. 11 of the tv series at the moment) and they have alot of the movies dubbed as it would be cool to have Eng. and Jap. Audio??

As well as that I heard the quality decreases as the set's go on, Series 1 quality and subs rock and then the rest go down hill??

Let me know, any help would be great

Thanks

- Guts45
I don't know about the sets that are out by MI and MAC but if the R1's are comming out than it will only be a matter of time before MAC or FX will make a set. I haven't heard of any plans but then again you rarely hear anything about a set thats being made. They could have a set out next month, could be next year, you never know. You could e-mail MAC and Fx and ask if they have any plans for it but you'll probably get an simple answer like yes or no and no time frame.
One advantage to getting the HK sets over R1s or R1 rips is that the Hitler episode is included in the HKs but not the R1s.

They decided Hitler wasn't something they could make fun of and cut it out of the R1 set. That leaves the R2s or the HK sets as the only place to get this particular episode on DVD (it's pretty funny too).

Other than that, if you're not in a rush, waiting for R1 rips to come out isn't such a bad thing. The HK subtitles can be a bit dodgy at times but over all they are well timed and can be understood without too much thinking.
Actually, what I heard was that they were simply going to release the Hitler episode out of order. But tehy could ahve changed their minds since then.

Also, what's being released R1 now is the 2nd season of Lupin. You need to buy the 1st season HK, since that's not being released in the US yet. And according to what everyone keeps saying, that's supposed to be the best season.
Thanks for the replies guys.

The Region 1's are $20 a pop which is an absolute rip and I can't find anyone that has them on dvd-r so im gonna wait till the end of the month and probably buy the Season 1 MAC and all the Season 2 sets (6 I think)

Thanks again Smile

- guts45
Quote:Originally posted by elcoholic
You could e-mail MAC and Fx and ask if they have any plans for it but you'll probably get an simple answer like yes or no and no time frame.

what is the email address?
Quote:Originally posted by allanb64
what is the email address?

Send you a pm.