Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Takashi Miike Films, who loves them?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He's got some good stuff out there. Anyone else a fan of his work? lend you opinions brothers.
Yeah Ive only seen a few of his films but they have all been great, and very original.

The films of his that I have watched are Ichi the killer, Ley lines, Audition, The Bird People Of China and some of the dead or alive ones.

The only problem I have with his movies is the way he portrays women, cus he doesnt seem to have much of a place for them in the films ive seen except to get beat up and raped.

I want to get some more of his films, but hes directed so many that its hard to know what the best ones to see are, anyone got any advice on this?
didnt you think that the female role in audition was incredibly important to the story, not in a protagonistic way, but in the theme of the plot? personally i seen it as a very feminist movie, but with a male lead character interestingly enough
Tru watching Gozu that'll mees you up a little but that the point right?
I have seen an ungodly number of his movies.... I think his yakuza/more realistic ones are better than stuff like Audition, but that's me. Full Metal Gokudo was awful though.
I have only seen one of his films, The City of Lost Souls, which has never a dull moment. Also, I have just ordered Ichi: The Killer based on several recomendations.