Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Haibane Renmei (FX Boxset)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!

I see that the Haibane Renmei boxset from FX is available here on Import Anime. Did anyone already buy it?
I guess that FX boxset is a good set cause all R1 dvd's are released, but i'd want to be sure.

Thanks in advance!
I just got mine today and the quality is absolutely stellar. I highly recommend this set.
I received it too yesterday and I just put it in my DVD player just to see if it worked ( Fx's first DVD batch are often problematic): everything seemed to work fine( I only browsed through the menus).

The bad thing is that, like the Lain set, Fx put 4 episodes on the first disk and the other 9 on the second DVD.

BTW, I don't know if FX often does that with 13 episodes set, but the 2 DVDs are in a simple and "plain" DVD case, not in one of those SUPER NICE (IMO) gatefolds which makes it look "alone" besides all the others nice gatefolds on the shelf...
i ordered mine on tue. shipped wednesday and ill get it some time next week! ill let you know it looks like a good set !

i have about 5 other titles from FX coming. including FMP !

cant wait !
im on king of bandits jing and Maharomatic season 2 ~!
with a good 7 other titles im in the middle of too!

-LE
Thanks all !

I'll receive that box next week i think. I've buyed King Of Bandit Jing too, i hope it'll be a good anime... I've been told chara design and backgrounds were awful.

Idem... i can't wait!!

See ya!
I've been watching King Of Bandit Jing for a week or so, its nothing special really just kinda average. but Haibane Renmei is really a grate show.
king of bandits jing is awesome !
the first episode is so so so so good. the designs and backgrounds shift from episode to episode. its a great show its like 5 episodes into the series where the town is awesome ! if you like action and comedy titles you will love this one !

-LE
yeeaahh!

Thks Last Exile!

I hope i'll receive my boxsets this week.. I'll make a Habaine FX review as soon as i've seen it.

See ya
Quote:The bad thing is that, like the Lain set, Fx put 4 episodes on the first disk and the other 9 on the second DVD.

BTW, I don't know if FX often does that with 13 episodes set

I recall the other Haibane sets, at least the TV-ripped AV and MI sets, were also formatted the same way, with 4 and 9. Don't know why it's so, though they could do at least 7 and 6.