Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Blue ray disc god send??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to say that imports are a great thing but quality suffers and more times then I would like to admit I have gotten bad disc that don't play well with my dvd plyers. This Blue ray Disc could make the import business som much more then it is.
Im gessing your talking about the blue disks that sony wants to use for thier new system. Yeah, that would be cool, but I think it would cost more money.
how much do you think the HK companies want the pay the blue-ray disc for? It's definitely going to be significantly more expensive than the lousy/cheapest dvd they use right now.

I doubt HK companies gonna use Blue-ray and sell you for $7 a piece. More like $20++++ a piece or more.....$20 is the low end.
I think Hk companies/sellers would max their profit and go for at least $30++++ a disc. Hehe...maybe they would split 13-13 onto 2 disc so that they could sell it for $45-$50 a set....

I'd rather buy R1s for that price......
If you could get an entire 26 episode series at R1 quality for twenty dollars per disc. I'd buy it. I think 20$ is not bad considering the quality and quantity.
Why are you even talking imports for Blu-Ray? The whole point is to stop piracy! That way there won't be imports. I don't want that to happen..
I'm sure that no matter how much anti piracy stuff they put on these new discss I'm sure the pirates will figure out a way to get us the treasure. !!!!
Do you really think they'll, put'em on Blu-Ray discs? It's not like everything will switch in a day... they could still be producing on DVD format. Anyway, it'll be a while off.
Blue ray can flop over and die with Lasor Disc as far as im concerned im not switching. I just went from vhs to Dvd a few years ago, screw sony.
Oh yeah...they could go to hell too. I'm not going to change....after I spend all those money on dvd players and dvd sets.

Blue-ray can roll over and die...I don't care
Let's not look too far ahead now.

The next gen of optical media of video is still a long way to go, whatever it will be.

Bootleggers will then probably wait and see and only start pirating what the new format is until it is popular and standard. VCDs bootlegs are still being made and sold in Hong Kong and other asian countries.

Plus with whatever the new format is I bet there will be a smaller margin of error when producing them.

Plus like DVD players can play Dvds and CDs this Blu Ray player will probably play It's format and DVD and CD.
wouldn't it be nice to have one disc with a 26 episode series on it at r1 quality with lots of extraspace to spare for extras and what ever? In the perfect situation it would grealy improve the quality if the imort business.
You think HK company wants to spend the extra money when they used the cheapest dvds around?
Quote:Originally posted by buffgod
wouldn't it be nice to have one disc with a 26 episode series on it at r1 quality with lots of extraspace to spare for extras and what ever? In the perfect situation it would grealy improve the quality if the imort business.

That's frivoulous dreaming right there... sorry, but it probably won't happen like that. Besides the future's uncertain. Just enjoy what we have now because it may not last forever Wink.
It is wishfull thinking but thats good right? the future is uncertain but ifsomething is to out do the dvd it would be this blue disk thing and if it catches on then my wishful thinking might be closer to reality then you think. But, for now I'm satified with what I have.
Pages: 1 2