Import Anime Forums

Full Version: There are so many asians films that are coming out, why are the HK ers so slow?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went to the film festival here in hawaii and some of the asian films are amazing. For example, I saw, Gozu, Crazy Crazy but loved it, Aragami, another by ryuhei kitamura, not bad, battlefield baseball, crazy funny and a couple of others. not only that in the past couple of years the asian film industry has been booming with great original stuff. why are the Hk ers so slow to pick this stuff up. Even some of the older stuff like Blind Beast, is there some sort priority as to which is rip first?????? We must bom bard the Hkers with emails telling them to produce this stuff.
umm... HK's rarely rip their own releases due to the cheapness of the prices already. you're better off supporting that side of the house legitly...

http://www.dddhouse.com

http://www.yesasia.com

etc etc.

but for some expensive r2 rips that JJ carrys here, thats when HK's jump the gun.

animegod's movie section is a testament of that... Cool

INFERNAL AFFAIRS! GO WATCH IT! DL IT! BUY IT! PEEP IT! DON'T MISS IT!
Quote:HK's rarely rip their own releases due to the cheapness of the prices already.

But, as the saying goes, "don't say they haven't tried". On eBay and at some DVD sites (such as the review section of I-A), I noticed some boots of Asian films that are DVD rips.

Many of these legit DVDs of Asian films are cheap and R0, but that hasn't stopped them from ripping them anyway.
There are tons and tons of bootlegs of Chinese movies on DVD, I would recommend to say away from the mainland DVDs though. I've had bad experiences with them.

I've seen some on ebay but they are kind off pricey if you ask me and I would just get the real thing instead. The bootlegs I have are all NTSC, unmarked (well they usually have logo of the official company that released the movie) always DVD-5, sometimes they remove the DTS sound and/or extras to clear up room when they downsample. I've had some playback issues as well as audio-synch problems but most work perfectly. There are probably a ton of bootleg companies out there though.

For Japanese or Korean movies whether or not they're will be a HK bootleg of it will probably depend if there was an official HK release of it or not.

Downloading is a good option though, you can find enough asian movies out there.

Infernal Affairs I: Great movie
Infernal Affairs II: Surprisingly good especially considering alot of the cast had minor or weren't in the 1st movie
Infernal Affairs III: This one just sucked. Didnt like it at all.
dd you guys see the movies I mentioned above?