Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Gerneral Import N00b Questions!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heyo! Stumbled upon the "import" scence checking prices for some of my fav anime. (Which like "retail" are 230 canadian a pop for complete series.. sometimes adn often more)

I know that these import are cheaper (somtimes by far) and often less CDs, just wondering why is that. Is it lesser quality or seomthing?

Also, I'm wondering what all these FX, MI AC things stand for. Some series Arn't found in teh store... ARe they out of stock or should I go elseware... Any ideas?
Looking for Trigun, Chobits, Love Hina -movies- and EVangelion Movies....

Anyhow, thanks. As soon as these questions are answers to sooner I can get to buying.
yes the quality is lesser then the actual release but its worth it in my opinion. FX, MI AC are different hk companies which make these "imports" if it isn't in the store its out of stock easy as that don't buy anywhere else this place rocks. you can make requests theres a section in the forums called requests and about the companies most of them make their own or copy another company's product so its best to look in the review section before you buy to see how the quality is video,subbs,audio. anyways i'm pretty fluent in the "import" ways if you have any questions i wouldn't mind answering pm me if u wish cause right now i'm bored

btw anyone else that reads this there should be a thread in the anime discussion thats a sticky and it should have all these noob import questions answered
Read the FAQ. Rolleyes
Quote:Originally posted by NightRayne
btw anyone else that reads this there should be a thread in the anime discussion thats a sticky and it should have all these noob import questions answered

There should be more than enuff threads for noobs to read. FAQ main page, FAQ anime forum................................
The faq on the forum has some info. Here is a "Noobies guide to import anime" I wrote a while back that may have some more answers for you tho.

I actually wrote this guide for import-anime, but felt that there was probley not anyone who really needed it.

http://www.users.qwest.net/~videenlance/hk.htm

There are even some comparisons of released anime.

hope that helps some.