Import Anime Forums

Full Version: DEAD like ME (Tv Show)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey anyone seen this fucking awesome show ?

What its about :

Meet Georgia Lass (who prefers to be called George). She is a young Seattle college dropout who is unhappy with life. She is always at odds with her mom, Joy. One day coming back from her temp job as a filing clerk, she is hit by the toliet seat of the re-entering Space Station Mir. Finding out she is now dead, she is recruited to become a grim reaper. As in life, she is a pain in the butt in death. She does not like the details of her job, and is always at loggerheads with her boss Rube. Her fellow grim reapers don't really take much of a liking to her either. She also learns grim reapers don't even get a free ride in death, as they must hold down regular jobs along with their death duties.

does this sound like a good show if you havent had the pleasure to see it ?

let me know !

-LE
love that show, i used to watch it everyweek, but now that my cable channels are cut.... nevermind

i don't think its that popular of a show, not much ppl know about it, but sure its fun
i loved that show too, i cant wait for a 2nd season.
The dvd comes out this june unless they push the date again.
if the series was on another channel it would have a bigger fan base. but im just glad i have showtime now so i cna see it , old and new eps.

but for sure im getting the dvd set when it hits stores.
hell if my company is up by that time ill try and get showtime under my wing.

-LE
New Season!!!
season 2 started like a few weeks ago but i just saw like episode 5 i think of this season. the new season is so so so good its just like the first. if anyone doesnt have showtime the first season is on dvd. but i recomend to get the channel cause the 2nd season is so funny.

anyone seen this show that hasent written a reply ?

-LE
I saw a commercail for it, but we don't get Showtime. Looks like I'll wait til someone torrents it on the forums of Somethingawful.com.
I have only seen the show once would have to see more to be able to give a 100% good or bad rating to the show. I liked the little I saw though
1st season is on dvd.
at hollywood video they have it for rent so if you dont want to invest alot its a good way to see it on a budjet ! or try and win it on ebay for like 20$

-LE
Its pretty good, but I still like Six Feet Under so much better.
not me.
that show isnt funny , sthey said some one said that dead like me is based on six feet under and it is not they are two complete diffrent types and styles of shows. one is a comedy and one a drama. i love dead like me cause its so origional and diffrent and funny. six feet under is just not for me its to serious and i feel depresed after watching it . and having to go through that part of life i wish not to experince that part of deat again once is enough for me . it was a hard time when my dad died and i dont want to watch a show on that dramatic stuff . the comedy helps me get through death !

-LE