Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Kill Bill DVD?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There's been an unsubstantiated rumour since the movie came out that in order to avoid an NC-17 rating, QT had to censor the Crazy 88 fight and make it into black and white in North America and that the rest of the world saw that fight in colour. Is this true? Many said he'll probably change the scene back into colour on the DVD but someone has confirmed that the R1 version of the DVD is in black and white. Can anyone confirm for me whether the R2s are in colour for that scene? Anyone saw the movie overseas or got an early domestic rip? Thanks.
Someone on another forum I visit said that the Japanese R2 DVD shows that particular scene in colour (as did the Japanese theatrical version so I believe).

This person also said that there are no subtitles for the scenes spoken in Japanese - you either have subtitles on or off. I suppose you could always flick them on and off on your remote control.
This was an ubstantiated rumor? I just always thought it was true, since it was in magazines and people who had seen it told me...
It is true. The Japanese release in theatres and dvd that scene is in color.
Much thanks for the info folks. Someone has also told me the Thai version has colour too for that scene.
No color. Playing it on TV now. Man.......fighting scenes duh duh. Uma Thurman never dies. She could kill 3 guys with 1 swing of her samurai sword. She could kill 50-60 guys all by herself. Cut them into halves, chopped off heads without getting hurt.

Bah...... Chinese Martial Arts movies are better...much more well-coordinated, at least for the action scenes. Uma looks really clumsy swinging the sword and fighting....
The Japanese R2 and HK region 3 dvd's are uncut. They run 2 minutes longer, and the only b&w scene is in the beginning of the movie. The blood is not "washed" like in the american release (more of a pink color), it is deep red like it should be.

And there are no forced subs in the japanese scenes you have to turn em on.

b
That scene is in color on the european R2 release as well that I rented (its not for sale yet).
I want the huge R3 boxset with the Katana, but its like $150... Sad
Quote:Bah...... Chinese Martial Arts movies are better...much more well-coordinated, at least for the action scenes. Uma looks really clumsy swinging the sword and fighting....
I think the kung fu choreography is done by HK Movie veteran Yuen Woo Ping so maybe the blame lies with Uma and not enough fast editing. Big Grin
I'm pretty sure that scene was in color as well in Canadian theatres. I don't remember bitching about that, which I likely would've done if it were in black and white.
I agree this Kill Bill hype gets to me.. I don't think it is that great.

Ichi the Killer ::cough:: ::cough:: scenes stolen:: cough cough::
I think i'll sucumb and splash out on the Japanese R2 Super Set. I want those goodies and the few mins of extra footage.
I took a look at Ichi the Killer and now I want to own that movie, and for all the hype I was disapponited in the second film. Just me though...
just bought the r2 and that scene is in black and white

Sad

damn
Pages: 1 2