Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Those clear plastic "sleeve" things...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay sorry if this is weird and/or has been asked before, but, whats the deal with those plastic sleeve things you get on the outside of many of the 3 disk "deluxe" sets? Many that I have gotten were rather dirty and very smudged....even though they were brand new and unopened. =/ Do any of you just throw them away? Does everyone here keep them on the set? Just curious. ^_^" Sorry if my question is a bit odd....
I keep them because I have a cd burner.When I burn a cd I put them in plastic slips..Smile kristym22
I keep them especially when I'm buying F/x discs because I use them to send Discs in for replacements. I've gotten very poor results with F/x discs. Maybe I'm cursed
buffgod, kristym22:

He said the plastic slips on the outside for the 3 disc+ sets.

Yes, I keep them to protect the sets.. but they are in smudged/scratched condition even when new (my AV sets only, MAC are fine). Besides Fx's which are cloudy and textured so you wouldn't be able to tell.
Quote:Originally posted by SirChico
buffgod, kristym22:

He said the plastic slips on the outside for the 3 disc+ sets.

That's how I initially understood it as well. But either way, I keep both of them so I didn't feel like explaining.
I keep the plastic thing on there, & what pees me off is when I lone out a set with the plastic thing covering it, & I don't get the plastic thing back. I mean are my friends idiots who rip it to pieces, or do they just loose them? These are question that only time, or me getting off my lazy @$$ & asking will tell.
I keep all of them. Well for obvious reasons, to protect the gatefolds.
I keep them, they are part of the set... and it somewhat protects the gatefolds.... some I don't have anymore because they didn't come with them...

Now if those stick on hub replacements for broken disk holders could be bought in quantities of 100 instead of a thousand.... sigh.... but on a brighter note, I did find a company that has 7, 6, 5, 4, 3 and 2 disk holders that aren't too expensive... the brick case ones... course they aren't real sturdy to begin with... they don't hold up well, and break out at the spine real easy, more so on the larger ones...
Oops yes I keep those to keep the gatefold closed and unsmugged and clean and so they wont get scratches:o kristym22:p Smile Big Grin
I keep mine too to protect the gatefold cases. However, I like the Clear cases because it makes your anime dvds stand out. The frosted cases are cool but they kinda make the case look blurry and unattractive. Smile
Shiny things is good.
This is a true story!

My daughter loves water. She's 15 months old and anything with water in it is facinating and must be touched. (I'm sure you are seeing where this is going).
Some how, little Evelyn got ahold my brand new Witch Hunter Robin try fold with shiny plastic sleeve. She waddled into the bathroom and set it down next to the toilet! She then proceeded to splash around in said toilet, sprinkling my beloved WHR set with nasty, yucky water.
I found her a few seconds later and recovered the set she had obsconded with. It wasn't damaged at all, thanks to that shiny plastic sleeve!:p
I lost my Hokuto No Ken sleeve.Sad sniff
Big Grin LIGHT BULB...

amethyst- what if JJ bought and ordered a thousand of those m-lock spindle hub replacements?

he could sell them at a nominal profit margin- and it'd surely sell. im sure the demand is there for the HK dvd buyers out there... *cough* right?

Rolleyes

whaddya think JJ ? :p
I used to keep those plastic slip covers (dust protectors they may be called?) on on my sets, until I loned out my Getter Robo TV set to a friend and he returned it lacking the slip cover! And seeing as I'm kind of anal, I then felt the need to take the slip covers off ALL my sets! Now I have a bunch in my closet that I don't use or need.
Pages: 1 2