Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Who really like those panty shot animes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a vexing question, Who actually thinks the panty shot animes are a viable source of entertainment. If you think they are what please post you response. I am especially looking for female replies. I am curios to hear there replies. since I'm a guy and most guys fit into the stereo typical guy category we pretty much like panty shot animes for one reason or another. If there is a girl friend we say something like, it has an enriching storyline.
Basically i think 99% of the animes, no matter whether they suck or not, all have panty shots.

I don't really mind those too much unless the anime is stupid like hell, for instance, labyrinth of flames and knights of ramune if I remember correctly.

Najica showed a lot of panty shots but it's a good anime. Real bout High School has tons of panty shots, it's still ok to view.
I don't list "panty-shot" anime among the top of my favourites list but I do enjoy watching them on the rare occasion. I've been slowly working my way through Mouse, which is one of the most risque shows I've ever seen without actually showing anything and I think it's pretty funny because of how over the top it is.
Then there's Golden Boy. Here's a classic series that is frequently held up as one of the funnier shows ever made and a large part of the story depends on panty shots.

I don't think I'd want a steady diet and I do think that some series could do without one or two shots but I do enjoy it from time to time.

As for a woman's point of view, my wife just rolls her eyes when I've got Mouse on and she thought Golden Boy was hysterical.
Golden Boy was hilarious!!
As far as "Panty shots" go, if it's a really good story, I just ignore them.
I accept it as part of the Japanese animated culture and enjoy the story.
Now, when a story sucks and they try to make up for it with panty flashing, that's just flippin' annoying!!
My sister likes a select few animes, Love Hina, FLCL, and Trigun. So... I know how she reacts to panty shots... she looks at me and glares as if I had something to do with the camera angle. She doesn't like seeing them, but she still likes those anime (which may have some shots).

(you probably wouldn't believe how many glares I got whenever Keitaro did something stupid... Of course I am always in his defense.. oh come on, he tripped! Love Hina is still her favorite anime regardless)
I am not into risque shows.Panty shots etc...At all if there is like one or two..I don't really pay attention to them...and I seen labyrinth of flames too.It sucked so much..I gave it away hehehe...kristym22Smile Big Grin
Who doesn't like a few good panty shots if your a guy. I just love panty shots it keeps me in check to see I am watching the show. :p Najica had way too much close up panty shots, which nearly drove me insane. For me something with hot girls and no panty shots can either make or break it for me. I think shows like Project A-KO and her panty shot was well deserved. I'm not obsessed just a fan of.Big Grin
I feel that if the panty shots get gratuatous then they become bothersome. nothing is left to the imagination. I mean when an anime has a beautiful female character then maybe a nice placed panty shot might enhance the anime for the guys but if its over and over and over for no reason then it becomes a problem. Panties are good when used properly. hahaha
WHahhahaha Big Grin :p Nothing left for imagination? Duhz..u imagining real humans or anime girls? It's funny to me though that you would want to imagine what's underneath the anime girls' skirts. Why don't u just go get some HENTAI dvds and see what's underneath those clothings? Big Grin :p
Ok, I'm a female.. and here's my take on the Pantie Shots...

I don't mind them... but what does irritate me is they are always white... now I don't know about the other females around here, but the only time I wear white panties... well... nevermind... too much information there...

I for one loved Mouse... I was seriously beginning to wonder about that boy... Rolleyes for some reason a lot of people didn't like it... I thought the storyline was good, and I liked all the girls and especially Mouse himself...

I haven't had the chance to see Najica, but I did glance thru it, it doesn't seem to be overly oriented on panties and the storyline looks good... same for Golden Boy...

I mean if you get right down to it, I'd like to know what female in their right mind would wear skirts that short that you see in every anime, whether there are pantie shots or not...

As for the Hentai, I like a good one with a good storyline... most of them don't show a lot, some aren't censored... I try to do research to make sure I will like the storyline and it is something I am comfortable with... For instance I didn't much care for what little I've seen of Bible Black, and I didn't like G-Taste, it wasn't what I thought it was going to be...
i know a female member from another message board who like those panty shots. she thinks their funny.

but what ever, its just a part where you can say "fanservice rocks".
there sure lots of em in Najica. the official special edition even comes with a panty.
Quote:Originally posted by Japschin
WHahhahaha Big Grin :p Nothing left for imagination? Duhz..u imagining real humans or anime girls? It's funny to me though that you would want to imagine what's underneath the anime girls' skirts. Why don't u just go get some HENTAI dvds and see what's underneath those clothings? Big Grin :p

Tenticals!! MWHAHAHA!!
Sorry, got carried away!
And snakes like in Ninja Scroll.:eek:
If used sparingly then i don't care but Najica was totally gratuitous. It was was a panty shot anime about girls with guns. ¬_¬ Every shot it is sneaking up their legs or their boobs... i mean for gods sake. Felt kinda perverted! Tongue