Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Utena Sets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mac and FX have perfect sets for Utena out, but the FX set is considerably less expensive than the Mac set (but it has 2 more eps crammed per DVD than the Mac set). I already own the movie, so the FX set including that is not an issue. What does matter is pixellation and video artifacts. I am extremely anal about such issues, because they annoy me and distract me from the show.

I was wondering if anyone could give a comparison between the two Utena sets (Mac vs. FX) in terms of video and audio quality. I don't want to save $7 by buying the FX set, just to find out it has nasty pixellation in heavy action scenes.

Thanks!

(The Utena FX set only has one review, and I've found the reviews to be hard to trust, because some series with 4-4.5 stars for video have some pretty nasty pixellation, like FX's Gate Keepers set.)
Well then i guess you need to shell out some big bucks for the R1 set cause thats the only way your going to get what you want.
From what i have read the FX set i fine on par at least with the Sailor Moon S set by FX.
You have to remember the MAC set also has a order error on the second set.
Id go fX for the shear value and convience of having eps in order.
Quote:Originally posted by BobDoleX
(The Utena FX set only has one review, and I've found the reviews to be hard to trust, because some series with 4-4.5 stars for video have some pretty nasty pixellation, like FX's Gate Keepers set.)

For reviews... you have to take into consideration that viewing won't be the same on every DVD player. I've had contrasted viewing from three different sources.

Also, if you say you say your anal about quality then you should also take that into consideration when reading a review... minor pixelation might not bother people enough to take away a whole star.

And from my experience from bad (video) quality (and I suggest this)... is to stop worrying about it and enjoy what your watching! Then you won't even notice pixelation (or let it bother you)...