Import Anime Forums

Full Version: FX GTO problems, HELP!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was watching GTO today and about ep. 16 or around there, the picture starts to mess up pretty often. It will have like little blocks of the picture all messed up. But then I would rewind it a little bit to watch the part again to see if it changes and the blocks will either be gone or in diffrent spots. Its getting very annoying and I just wanted to know if anyone else encountered this problem. Is it the disk, the dvd player, do I need to clean the lens??? Please let me know how I can fix this. Im watching it on my parants dvd player, its a sony dvd/vcr combo. I have a little $50 dvd player, but my tv is being fixed right now so I dont have it. Would it work better on that player?

Oh also on a side note, when I go to scenes and choose an ep. like in the middle of the dvd, it will screw up pretty bad. Like half the screen is all pixilated.
My player gets messed up like that sometimes... I just use a lense cleaner and then it works fine.

If it messed up in different places that's a good sign.. but there are different tests you could've done to figure the problem out (nothing complicated at that)... try another disc! If a second disc isn't working then it must be the player, if not you need a disc replacement.
Well the first half of the disk worked fine but its just parts on a couple eps.
Regardless, if you tried another disc you could be able to tell OR try a lense cleaner and if the problem persists it would have to be the disc.
You are supposed the clean the dvd player every 10 hours after use. Could be the dust.
Some HK dvds won't play well on the dvd players. That's why normally people would have more than just 1 dvd player since the dvd may not play on dvd #1, but it would play on dvd #2.
The surest way to check is using a dvd-rom. If the dvd-rom can't load or play the dvd at the point you said you had problems with, 99% chance the dvd is defective. If it plays, it's your dvd player.
Thanks for the help, but I just tried my dvd player on my parants tv and it works fine with my player. Weird, but I gess im glad I have a cheap dvd player that will play my anime.
If you can get a lense cleaner and I bet the other player will work fine as well. Happens to my player sometimes.. gets garbbled half way through then I clean it and it works fine Big Grin.