Import Anime Forums

Full Version: A painfull & probably pointless question about burning stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, as of late I've been downloading Fan Subed Episodes off of Kazaa, & finally my harddrive is about full. I had the idea of getting my dad to burn the episodes onto disc, but first he ran into a problem.
His computer couldn't even play them because it lack the codec stuff. Then he got that, which he thought would let it burn it, but still it said they were unidentifible media.
So, he downloaded a few demo programs that were supposed to change them into burnable Mpeg-2 files, & one worked. So, after the program took about an hour converting them frame by frame, it crashed & had to started over again. Then when it finally finished he tried burning them, & the disc didn't even have the episodes on them.

He was using Nero to burn them, & that's about all I know about burning stuff at all, so can someone throw in some advice, because I'm not experienced with this sort of thing, nor is my father.

thanks for your time.
You might want to PM Schultz on that one, dude.
Does he have an e-mail adress I could reach him at (I'm sure he does, I vaguely remember e-mailing him before)? Because last time I checked I was at my max on PMs (hehe pms) in my inbox, & I can't stand to part with stuff like that.
r u burning the files to a "data cd" cause thats pretty important, nero usually asks you if its a data or audio cd at some point. r u lookin to encode them so you can play them on a dvd or are you content with it on ur pc? if you wanna encode them to vcd then use tempeg to convert them to mpegs, if you wanna watch them on ur pc then just leave them as they are, usually avi. encoding them for vcd takes up alot of time and also degenerates the quality so i prefer to keep them as avis and hok my pc up to my tv and watch them like that. if your really stuck them PM me with exactly what ur doin and i shud be able to help you
Using Nero he told it to burn a media CD, using some otehr program, which I thought was an updated version he tried a video CD or sometyhing like that, both times when trying to select the files to be burnt it would say something about not reconizing the format.
So, he did the encoding or whatnot so that it could also be burnt on a dvd, but instead he just burnt it on a CD & after it said it was through, he threw away the disc because the files weren't onthe disc.
I just wanna be able to store them around, & watch on my computer, & I thought it would be as simple as burning a CD, but appearently it's not :confused:
VCD's require MPEG format.

Just burn data CD's, you can't watche them on a tv-DVD player, but on the computer it will run just like normal.
The problem there is Nero doesn't want to reconize avi files for some reason.
And as for turning them into mpegs then burning them, that's when they didn't show up on the disc.

So, I guess that means he'll have to use another program, any good ones in mind guys?
Disc Juggler.

Seriously though, data disc is all you need.
Well for one if you are using Nero Express get outta it.. and go to the normal Nero.. And select new.. when you select new select CD ISO format instead of Video CD or SVCD. From there just drag the Avi files onto the CD nero shouldn't care what format they are because its just burning Data.. not trying to convert them over into a valid Mpeg1/2 for (S)VCD..
Quote:Originally posted by Batz Kage
Does he have an e-mail adress I could reach him at (I'm sure he does, I vaguely remember e-mailing him before)? Because last time I checked I was at my max on PMs (hehe pms) in my inbox, & I can't stand to part with stuff like that.

Also if you wish to keep your PM's and still send some.. then clean out your Sent Items box. since those count towards your count also..
Thanks, I'll have to have a talk with my dad now. He hates trying new things when he doesn't really have to, or in his opinion shouldn't have to.
schultz, off topic but, hell yeah get firefox.
ie sucks.
Oh, Schultz, I didn't see your replies, becasue I didn't refresh before adding my last post I guess, & then didn't check again. My dad has yet to get Disc Juggler, so I'll see if I can give him your instructions.
And as for clearing out sent items, most of them are important to me as well. I once started copying & pasteing all of them into a text file to save on my computer, but that was back when I had dial-up, now I should actually be able to finish.