Import Anime Forums

Full Version: My favorite anime is Fist of the north star
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm just wondering in who out ther loves this particular series. I know it's nice and old and the beginning drags but once (in tv series) the first fight between Rao and kenshiro happens many cool things start t o happen and the gosha stars are cool atypical characters. And the surprises in the plot are simply heart stopping. Example, person who is the 6 nanto character. Anyway I recently heard about shin hokuto no ken but I've only read reviews that considered it to be under parr. Anyway, please fill me in on this shin fist of the north star. I appreciate all opinions.
The movie is the best thing to happen to violence. Ever.
I love this show as well
I cant wait to see what adv does with the new ova release this summer.
I have yet to get the series though since its is a bit expensive even by hk standards, though i hope to own it one day.
I do have the movie by MI and i think the original ending is great!
Besides ken I think the character of Rei is very interesting, i hope he shows up in the new ova as well, though i dont know if the ova is a real sequal or not. From what i have heard the story is good and the animation is up to date so ill buy it as soon as the R1 comes out.
Have you read the manga buffgod? The one by rajin is in full color but i dont know if they have finnished it or if they will since they have stopped publishing.
I have the First graphic novel, thje first boxset, and Some other stuff. Hokuto No Ken is freakin awesome. Fist of the Blue Sky is pretty cool too. That's the prequel to North Star. It's about Kenshiros dad ( I think it is his dad) haven't read it in a loooong time. You should check it out.
i love it. i have the tv series and movie.
Fist of the north star got me started on anime. The story is absolutely amazing. I Wish they would redue the whole series to bring it up todays standards. anyway if you havn't seen it yet I recommend it a lot. Watch it, all 152 episodes, you'll want it to continue believe me.
Hello, do you guys know whether the company who released the ENG DUB boxset (episodes: 01-28) is coming out with Part 2 (ENG DUB) of Fist of the North Star pretty soon??? Are they dubbing episodes 29-whatever??? Do you think I should wait for the Part 2 boxset (eng dub) or do you think I should just buy the whole 152-episode series in japanese??? Do you know when Part 2 (the english version) is coming out??? I would be really happy if you guys could answer all my questions!!!
Sadly thats a negative.
No more english fist of the north star!
Manga has not purchased the right to the rest of the show
and it seems unlikely that they will
or that toei will even let them
Quote:Originally posted by Hidalgo
Sadly thats a negative.
No more english fist of the north star!
Manga has not purchased the right to the rest of the show
and it seems unlikely that they will
or that toei will even let them

Hildago, can you please tell me why you think that Toei will probably not let Manga purchase rights to the rest of the show??? :mad: Hildalgo the Great Big Grin, do you think I should just buy the whole 152-episode set in Japanese??? :confused:
I was wondering about shin fist of the north star. It it as great as the original? how is the new art style? how is the story?
bump, I can't wait for Shin's Fist of the North Star to come out!!! But if it's about Shin, shouldn't they call it Shin's Fist of the South Star??? :confused: Wink

Hildago, can you please tell me why you think that Toei will probably not let Manga purchase rights to the rest of the show??? Hildalgo, do you think I should just buy the whole 152-episode set in Japanese???
Its nice everything is good in it. It's a good buy. Dman good story