Import Anime Forums

Full Version: who liked Xenosaga 1 ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I absolutely loved Xenogears, I mean still remember the part when the characters realized they were eating people, and the personalized robots. Xenosaga 1 felt slow, the interface made so sometimes I would a half an hour just fiddling with equipment and skills and ethers and stuff. I sure wasn't as fun as Xenogears. Please bring your opinions vidoe gaming world!!!!
Xenosaga was alright but it could have been better. I didn't like the music much and the cutscenes were just too long. The battle system was eh. Hopefully they improve all of those problems in the 2nd game. Well the 2nd game will have the music composer who did .Hack sign and Noir so this should be an improvement heck the trailer music sounded beautiful. I think that the Xenosaga was just overdone hopefully they won't make the same mistake in the sequel.
I feel this game was overdone also but I did like the fact that it made me understand xenogears more. btw xenogears still is one of my favorite videogames out there. Does anyone like this game?
it could of been alot better !
the cinama scenes are greast but the controls and cmaera angles were so bad. if they change the second game to fix the problems in the first ill play it !

-LE
It could have been better. Xenogears was the best story I've ever seen in a game.
I totally agree with that. Xenogears is still one of my favorite stories and now that story is being filled out with 5 other games or something like that. The story is so huge and engrossingit impossiable not to be attracted to this games story. As for the game play, Xenosaga 1 was sub parr hopefully Xenosaga will be much better.
I just found that Xenosaga was kinda odd. The email thing was just annoying, and some of the levels required you to really level up ahead of time or you would be stuck in the game. I would like to see more that leads up to the last episode (Xenogears is episode 5) since there is a lot of story line leading up to that game.

Cheers
I look forward to Xenosaga 2, even though Yuki Kajiura (composer for Noir, Hack Sign, Madlax) is supposedly only doing the opening music, and music for the movie sequences.
I haven't played Xenogears (can't find it anywhere! Help me someone? Where is it?) As for eating people..... WHHAAA, EEWWWWWWWW!!!

But, I like Xenosaga. I actually LIKE those cut sceens. I even wished there was more of them. Ya, you heard me! MORE! lol.

It always had me yelling at the tv, whenever ANYTHING happened, so many plot twists! It's basically the only-anything- I haven't spoiled, just 'cus it's so fun to go like "HOLY CRAP!!! KOSMOS' EYES ARE BLUE!!!"

Btw, i haven't beat the game. The only faults I can think of are, 1. THE BATTLES ARE TOO HARD!!!! Little battles take me fifteen minutes, and it'll take hours to FINALLY beat a boss, (doesn't help my brother basically screwed me over saying to never improve magic before giving it to everyone.... -__-). Also, I always got lost. I could NEVER get where I needed to. Funniest thing is this soudns past-tense, and I still haven't beat it, like I said before...

well, anyway, that's what I think!
Quote:Originally posted by buffgod
I absolutely loved Xenogears, I mean still remember the part when the characters realized they were eating people, and the personalized robots. Xenosaga 1 felt slow, the interface made so sometimes I would a half an hour just fiddling with equipment and skills and ethers and stuff. I sure wasn't as fun as Xenogears. Please bring your opinions vidoe gaming world!!!!

DAMN YOU!!!!!!!! DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!!!!!! I just started playing the game and you give away a important part of the story!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL NEVER TALK TO YOU AGAIN!!!!!! I prob. will talk to you again, but next time please put a warning.
I hated XS. The only reason I finished the game was because I am a huge XG fan and was hoping the story would pick up. But it didn't. The cutscenes were horridly slow and didn't do anything to advance the plot. Virtually the entire game was strung together by fetch quests which did nothing but waste time and antagonize the player. Where's Shion? Where's Ziggy? Where's Momo? After a while I stop giving a *&$# For a goddamn universe that has giant ass mechs and warp travel you'd figure they'd have a communication pin like in Star Trek, no?

There's absolutely no pay off to the story. Even up till the ending the characters were speaking in cyptic x-filesque double talk. And the silence, o' god I thought I was going to go mad hearing nothing but footsteps for hours on end. Whoever thought that no music in the dungeon was a good idea needs to be shot...twice, and then some. Of course I'll still get Episode II though. I'm a sucker for punishment. Yes, I'm THAT big of a XG fan.
Ya that pretty much sums it up for me (sounds like you played further though). Speaking of getting lost in the game, have you put the game down for a long period and tried to play it again after, it's really bad.

With the way this game turned out I wish the one leading to Xenogears came out instead (episode 4 I think). I wouldn't mind playing the whole thing backwards, it beats playing a game that matches the Starwars series where going back to episode one was a mistake (and I don't want to hear flak about that one, that movie was a POS).
I thought xenogears was crap. It was the type of game that would appeal to a pseudo-intellectual due to how "deep" the story was. However, when you hunker down and look at it, it's so cryptic that it hurts. Especially those long winded dialogues of vague machinations, espcially the lare cube of masked men TV screens. I thought the twists were trite and cliched and the game itself was rather unfun, since it would be wandering about in an eye-bleedingly bad graphical environment only to engage in a boring and vague half hour dialogue that can't be sped up.

The game's premise is cool. I can't deny that. However, the story was unraveled so amaterishly that it just reeks of poor craftsmanship. I'd rather read a good book than play a game like that.
The game was a little sub par as far as battle system and actual play time. The story was okay could be way better. The cutscenes were just movies that took forever to watch. I beat that game at around level 35... pretty pathetic.
I probably would've liked the game more if they retained the original Japanese voice track. The English dub in Xenosaga was alright, but somehow I feel they don't capture the same feeling you get from the original Japanese one. Of course, that would've meant expanding the game onto 2 DVD-9s, raising the price of it.
Pages: 1 2