Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Which is better Mac os or windows os
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm selling my dell laptop. It's a ear old and has one of those newer expensive graphics card. Anyway ,my questions, I'm buying a new laptop and I was wondering which is the better deal, in terms of quality?
MAC or Windows.
Depends on your budget and what you're going to be using it for.

Mac stuff is always a bit more expensive both hardware and software. Plus, if you're getting a desktop-replacement laptop so you can play more intensive games then the selection isn't as good. This can apply to non-gaming software as well.

PC laptops are cheaper and Windows XP is a decent OS in terms of stability (well, at least in my experience). Also, as you know, you can get anything you want for it in terms of software.
Well I agree. It's a 50-50 and really depends on what you want to do. If you are a gamer go with WinXP. But as far as browsing the net, downloading, using programs like photoshop, or any media, MAC is the way to go. It's not much for games just because it wasn't designed for them. XP is equally good but MAC has always been more stable. Really does depend on what you're doing. My one friend has a MAC laptop and that thing is BEAUTIFUL, it rips cds in minutes while playing the album at the same time. It is really the way to go for media. I personally have XP on my PC and LOVE it. But if I ever get a Laptop I will DEFINATELY get a MAC.Wink Smile
Unless you're doing media editing or are just a trendy fuck, XP is the way to go.
haha couldn't have said it better myself.

With the next gerneration of processors coming out, I'm not sure why anyone would even want a MAC.

Wtih that said, please no hate mail from you MAC users.
Like everyone has said... MAC = for video or graphics.

I wouldn't get a MAC just because everything in the world software wise is more in support for Windows. Imagine looking for programs you liked on XP for your MAC... Chances are they won't have a MAC program.

They do have nice desktops though Big Grin
A few years ago I would agree, but now they seem pointless to spend the extra money on.

At least software is compiled for MACs more often now then a few years back.