Import Anime Forums

Full Version: you know when you blow on newer mac discs???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wehn I blow on the newer mac discs there is a checker board pattern that is not present on the F/x discs that I 've recieved. What is that? and does it make the disc better then those with out this checker board pattern?
Two questions:

1) Why were you blowing on them man? Big Grin

2) Do you mean the disks themselves or the new plastic slip cases? They seem to now have standard clear ones, frosted and ones with a crossweave / checkered pattern.
I hear you buffgod... I know what you mean because when I opened the package to my MAC set the bottom of the disc had condesation on it from the cold. The condesation made a checkered design on the disc... I wiped it off and I didn't see it again. I wonder what it is

:confused:
Good question Crayonchan. Do you often go around randomly 'blowing' things? :p
Why did you have to blow on it to see the pattern? If it's a pattern it should have been there dust or no.
it's the pattern that shows when breathe on it (condensation), so no dust.
All I can think of would be the texture of the actual plastic.
when you breathe on the disc it produces condensation and then you can see a pattern on the disc. What does that pattern represent? Is some sort of disc protection? My questions still stands. What is that pattern
Quote:Originally posted by buffgod
Is some s

Disc protection on an HK??? I doubt it. Rolleyes
What is that interesting pattern that happens to appear when condensation is on the disc. Interesting don't you think? It appears on no other discs i have, only some of the newer Mac sets I have purchased. Government conspiracy you think? To track the various people that dabble in this particular hush hush market... Maybe... no one knows?????
It may be the imprint of a rubber gripper that feeds it into the dvd duplicator , or an imprint from when they put the screen on it for the litho ( picture ) ive seen this on stuff like tv picture tubes as well as other plastic and glass items --- Not sure if Im right , but this sounds like a pretty good guess-- Id say if the disc plays ok, why do you care ? they may of also changed the company that they buy their raw dvd blanks from--- You worry to much !
Ok i just tried one and saw the pattern too. I agree with the imprint theory, happens with many products.