Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Who liked the series Arjuna and why?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought the film was beautiful in a sense that I was being scared into doing something! But one can see the parrallels with our world. The only difference we wont have a guardian cleaning up after us.
Well, I liked it. It looks excellent, almost movie quality. And the character design also appealed to me. And once in a while it's nice to watch something different from your usual mecha, fighting, fantasy or ecchi harem comedy series.

OK, it's trying to bring the message home a little to hard and the CG doesn't look so good. Still, I thought Arjuna was quite good. But I seem to like that kind of "different" stuff like Lain or Gasaraki.
I watched the first show and could not stand it. it reminds me of a nice anime captain planet. maybe i will give it another chance later.
Good animation, decent plot, kept my interest.

That scene where Arjuna and the dude are talking on the phone really sold it for me. Good stuff.
What a horrible show this was. All that environmental crap really got to me, I wanna be entertained when I watch somethnig and not receive some BS lesson on the environment that clearly had alot of exagerations and false statements to it.
*Ahem*

Who liked the series Arjuna and why?
Quote:Originally posted by matthewmalay
What a horrible show this was. All that environmental crap really got to me, I wanna be entertained when I watch somethnig and not receive some BS lesson on the environment that clearly had alot of exagerations and false statements to it.

Preach it brother Matt!

I think the real question is...Who liked Arjuna and HOW? The show is a Captain Planet remake without the rings. There should have been an evil twin that runs off of Toxic Waste. OH, and a monkey.
The plot was so-so for me, and if the animation wasn't so fantastic I don't know if I would keep watching, but while its definantly not one of my favorites, I enjoyed watching it. I don't think it's bad at all.
its good so far.
i got the english dubbed set !
the only thing i dont like is that character Chris his voice and character is anoying ! i hate that voice actor he is so weird he did the lead voice in Soul Taker. he is serious and anoying and makes no scence ! "Why Do You Fight?" if he says that one more time in teh series ill hunt him down and kill him!

-LE
I don't see how being like Captain Planet is anything but totally awesome.
Quote:Originally posted by matthewmalay
not receive some BS lesson on the environment that clearly had alot of exagerations and false statements to it.

AMEN !
"exagerations and false statements"??!!??

Can you elaborate on this?
yeah i own it and i thought it was really good in a lot of ways i mean animation WOW and story was pretty good too and i think it was done really well. The thing that scares me is i didn't quite get it all i think i missed a couple things and i can watch a series like lain and comprehend it fine so thats kinda scary.

On another note i thought it was good except im not too into the enviroment thing. I mean i am definately with not polluting unless it's almost a must and that stuff but no food with chemicles is kinda crazy.

so yeah it's on my trade list and im like well maybe i'll trade it maybe not im not too sure....

it's good to see once but i don't know if it's worth owning
I like the Anime alot , good story and the animation is beautifull -- Ive only seen the first 5 or 6 episodes on adult swim on demand , and cant wait to see how it progresses-- its also not real exspensive on R1 s , think its just over 30 bucks on a few of the sites -- I know its like the old cartoons where they sneak in a moral at the end of the show so you feel good about letting your kids watch it ( that was phony baloney of course ) but its themes are threw out the show , on my list of anime to buy as well as Wolf's Rain. Different than ohter shows , something really worth checking out -- the english dub isnt all that bad either ! Wink