Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Rurouni Kenshin Sets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I really love Rurouni Kenshin on Cartoon Network and I want to buy an HKDVD set but I don't know wich one is the best. And how much is it because the ones I've seen are expensive?
how much is your budget? The cost ranges from $56-$99
Quote:Originally posted by ElVaquero
http://www.import-anime.com/index.php?pa...em_id=2614

That's the best Kenshin set there is. Price is 12 discs x $7,-= $84,-. You still have to add shipping but you won't find it much cheaper.
This is the 2nd thread you've started asking 'which set is better' or 'which set is the best'. Have you even tried looking at the review section on this website? I mean it's there for a reason and alot of us take time out of our day to put those reviews up.
Quote:Originally posted by cabed21
I really love Rurouni Kenshin on Cartoon Network and I want to buy an HKDVD set but I don't know wich one is the best. And how much is it because the ones I've seen are expensive?

If you really love Kenshin, the 12 disc set is not expensive (it's well worth the money). I bought it from here for $92.00 ($84.00 + $8.00 shipping). I am very pleased with the set Big Grin.

I aggree with Vicious though. I think you need to start figuring out which is better for yourself.
I have the MAC version of the Rurouni Kenshin set, and it's just as good as the FX version. Packaging may not be as impressive, but its quality is no worse.
I love FX titles. They usually do R1 rips. Usually the subs and dubs are great. Almost every HK Anime I have is from FX. And to pay ~$90 for the amount of episodes you get is a great deal.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
This is the 2nd thread you've started asking 'which set is better' or 'which set is the best'. Have you even tried looking at the review section on this website? I mean it's there for a reason and alot of us take time out of our day to put those reviews up.
dont mean to be rude but well said vicious! dvd reviewing is the main reason this site exsists, dont believe me ask JJ
Am i right in thinking that Rurouni Kenshin is still going? I thought there were a lot more episodes than 95. I could just go to tvtome.com, but i have to go, and i wonder how accurate they are sometimes.
nope, 95 episodes, 2 ovas and a movie (which is probably an ova), its well dead
Actually I am thinking of getting the set?.but is it worth the $92??its seem to be a pretty big investment?normally my taste runs toward sci-fi & mecha genre?I liked mostly.. gundam..cowboy bepop?escaflowne?evangelion..is this something that?s for me?..i heard a lot of people complainin that?s it?s a lil slow?.
If you don't like it, don't buy it. If you don't think it's worth $92 for imports or $200 and above for R1s, don't buy it.

Rent it somewhere first, such as netflix, then decide if you will think it is worth it to buy the imports or R1s. Easier this way instead of asking people whether you will like it
Quote:Originally posted by Japschin
If you don't think it's worth $92 for imports or $200 and above for R1s, don't buy it.

The R1's will end up costing him considerably more than that. I'm thinking more like $400-$500.

Also, do people not realize that with the HK's, it's actually 2 separate boxsets. So they can always buy just the 1st half and if they don't like it, they don't need to purchase the 2nd one.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
Also, do people not realize that with the HK's, it's actually 2 separate boxsets. So they can always buy just the 1st half and if they don't like it, they don't need to purchase the 2nd one.

It would suck just buying the first half though Sad, becasue it ends in the middle of the Kyoto Arc Sad. Though that my be incentive to buy the second half. Or perhaps they would never make it to the Kyoto Arc if they really didn't like it Wink.

But, Cabed21 already said he loved Rurouni Kenshin because he saw it on Cartoon Network. So I really don't think he has to worry about liking the whole series or not. (Cabed21) One other thing, I first saw it on Cartoon Network too and you may be surprised at how much they edited on TV... it's awesome on DVD!
Pages: 1 2