Import Anime Forums

Full Version: DVD case woes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone have a good method for rectifying busted MAC cases? You know, when the disc no longer sticks in there. I've been comtemplating the question, and wondered if anyone accomplished it before.
you mean the old genric gatefolds with the slide on dust cover bit? if so i glued the fuck outta my ranma set and eventually it began to stick again
Well.. I don't have any MAC cases so I don't really know how they fall apart.. But, since this is DVD case woes, my plastic holder that's glued to the board of the case started to fall off on my Love Hina set from Fx Sad. Then (like sanosuke) I used a bunch of rubber cement and know it's holding Big Grin.

How is it the MAC's lose hold of the disc? Does the center break?
Yeah, my DVDs basically just sit in the case, once you close it, it's a free for all.
That's not only a problem for storage, but it could turn into a problem for playing. If the discs slide around they could get scratched up Sad. Storing them elsewere would be a good bet...

It's a bad problem. I wonder whose engineering was behind those cases.:confused:
It was El Chupacabra!
Quote:Originally posted by DARK OSAMU
It was El Chupacabra!

You know nothing of my work.
The prob with the Mac ones is that the ring is not bid enough to hold the disk in place. Thus the normal method of glue it to hell is rendered useless. My only solution was to use some sticky tack, the easily removable stuff that u use for posters on your wall. Or scotch tape - sticky tape that leaves no residue and is easily removed & reused.
I just got a MAC set. I can see where the center can break and it won't hold Sad, but I'll be careful. Actually (not a woe), my biggest surprise about the set was how small it was (a two-disc set)! Are all MAC's that small (even if they are more than two-discs)?
mostly, yes
hey.

any one have any new FX sets the ones that came out a few weeks ago. well i got the 3 that came out and the new cases are the reg dvd cases with a middle holder for the second disc in the set,
its easier to keep the discs in them and they arent broken when you open the damn case. i wonder what they will do for the 3 disc set?

any one else like the new cases ?

-LE
That's cool. I just ordered a bunch of anime (today). One of them was Mahoromatic Season 2... so, I'll look forward to seeing the new case Big Grin. I bet they would just keep the regular gatefold for 3-disc sets... we should see soon because FMP will be a new release with 3-discs.
I think Flora knows better than to use the clam cases for anything above 2 disk sets. I can see the moanings if he started using those Anime Studio styled 3-4 dvd clam cases or the spindle predecessors. :p
well i think they are better , cheaper to make and good. hopefully they will switch it over. all my cases are diffrent sizes so if they all turn to the normal sized dvd cases they will all be the same and sweet for me to store.

-LE
Does any body remember those MI case where they have the case that you have to press the middle to get the disks out. Wen when you want to put it back, you place the disk in the case and it pops up and the disk doesn't fall off. I think that, that case is a really good way to store disks.
Pages: 1 2