Import Anime Forums

Full Version: neon genesis evangelion new release?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok i was looking at the neon genesis evangelion set with the tv series and two movies and then i saw another fx set with the same stuff but the cover is different is this a new fx release or something or what now heres the one thats at this site old release? at import-anime.com

now heres the one at this other site which has mad ass shipping rates btw import-anime.com is the best
new release?

i'm not gonna order from this site i'm just wondering about these sets
well i hope someone can show me the light about this
The Fx set isn't new... it's out of print. I hope they make a new version like that because I haven't seen Evangelion at all.
yea but that other site has a fx set with the series and movie but the cover is different and such i'm wondering if its just a different cover or a new release
I don't know... I-A is usually really good about listing new releases and I think a new Neon Genesis Evangelion would be something that they would want to list. There was a discussion about covers in another thread (in Requests)... I'll go find it.

*EDIT* Here it is:
http://import-anime.com/forums/showthrea...eadid=3052
i know about the difference between the one with 5 discs and the one with 4 discs but the two i'm comparing both have 4 discs and both made by fx but the covers are different i guess they are just different covers check the links and look real quick
The Getterdome link isn't working... sorry I guess I misunderstood your first question.

*EDIT* I went through the home page of getterdome and I found it. It is interesting... it looks like a different set. I saw this same set on another site I believe. But, know I am wondering too...
oh ok damn i always have people missunderstand me lol
ok maybe the first link i gave didn't work but go to the site http://www.getterdome.com and search for neon genesis evangelion tvseries and movie its made by fx it has a different cover then the one in I-A's database JJ help me out man
the set they have @ getterdome.com is basically the same as the ones they have on this site, but instead they put the series AND the movies into one box set, but same disc though

besides its cheaper and u get better service from JJ
Quote:Originally posted by kkun
the set they have @ getterdome.com is basically the same as the ones they have on this site, but instead they put the series AND the movies into one box set, but same disc though

I noticed this when I looked at the screenshots of the discs (just now Sad)... And currently the series and movies are at the store! I think I'll buy it now so I can finally see Neon Genesis Evangelion.
FX changed the artwork at some point. Many sites don't bother rescanning everytime the artwork changes.

Given the high turnover of stock at I-A i'd imagine JJ has the most recent version.
only the design on the front cover was changed for the set in question, everything inside the gatefold are still the same (ok, except now there is 4 disc holders instead of 3)
I wonder if FX will do a new set now that ADV is releasing the 'director's cut' of the last 4 episodes. I don't know how old the 'director's cut' stuff is, I remember seeing an ad for it in my gaming mag like 2-3 months ago.
Before the coverart changed FX already did a 3 disk version and a 4 disk version. Somewhere along the line they corrected something in the new release as per their official statement (the specifics of which i cannot recall).