Import Anime Forums

Full Version: any company make a 2 disc version of boogiepop phantom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im looking for a two disc set for boogiepop phantom ,( a good one ) does any company make it so i can request it here ? I really dont want the sound track etc. thanks in advance ! -
In the DVD reviews (on this site) there is only one import of Boogiepop Phantom. So if there is a two disc set, it hasn't been released. A two disc set is a good idea and I bet if any company would rip the R1's to a two discs it would be Fx. The R1's have been out a while, so it may not be on the to rip list of companies. Personally, I am going to but the four disc set.
I actually e-mailed mac recently suggesting for them to re-release Boogiepop Phantom as 2 disc set. They seemed somewhat interested and asked whether or not I thought setting the price down to 3 disc prices would be acceptable. I said it might, but it would still be better business to set it down to 2 disc sets. That and some sellers may still charge $7 a disc. They then replied with:

we will change to 2 disc after we sell all stock..
thanks

Their main concern was repackaging the sets as they stated that "it is hard to change packing...". I'm actually gonna go get the Boogiepop R1's soon because I doubt they'll actually follow through with their statement. The Boogiepop R1's are usually pretty inexpensive, I've seen the LE set on ebay go for $35-40.
thanks for your reply terrex- Mac may want to put them in their generic gatefolds-
Mac's usual response to any request is "thanks. that's a good idea" so I wouldn't get my hopes up too high if I were you.
they say when they finish all stocks. haha funny.
That 4 disc set SUCKS!!! Not because of bad quality because it has perfect video/audio but because of that 4th disc. Its supposed to be the soundtrack but it only has like 3 minutes of music and it stops in the middle of the second track. There is some real good music in this show but none of it is on the cd. This was obviously a misprint but it does cost you the cash for one disc ($7,- in the case of this store).
Quote:Originally posted by elcoholic
That 4 disc set SUCKS!!! Not because of bad quality because it has perfect video/audio but because of that 4th disc. Its supposed to be the soundtrack but it only has like 3 minutes of music and it stops in the middle of the second track. There is some real good music in this show but none of it is on the cd. This was obviously a misprint but it does cost you the cash for one disc ($7,- in the case of this store).

No it's not a misprint...i have the Official r1 box set, and the Soundtrack only has something like 10 minutes or so :eek:
In the reviews it says there are 10 minutes... I want to get it so I'll soon find out. As for 3 minutes this is either an exaggeration or there is something wrong with his disc.
Quote:Originally posted by The Swan
No it's not a misprint...i have the Official r1 box set, and the Soundtrack only has something like 10 minutes or so :eek:

Damn. The music in this series is awesome. Why not put some of the good songs on there. The few minutes I have are all clasical music and I really liked the drum&bass sections used in the show.

Ohh, and I still think my disc is a misprint because it stops half way through the second or third track when its only like 20 seconds into the song. I have heard from other people with that MAC set and the same problem. Anyway my point was that its $7,- for (supposedly) 10 minutes of bad music while they could have put some good songs on there.
I have the MAC release of Boogiepop Phantom and the 4th disc really does only have 10 minutes of music on it. Oh well, I didn't really like BP that much, anyway.