Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Dragonball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed in stock right now is Dragonball Part 2 and Part 4. When I first saw them I figured they were just requests. I looked in the Reviews for Parts 1 & 3, but 2 & 4 are the only ones there. I then went to animegod.com and checked MAC's DVD's and found that only Parts 2 & 4 have been released.

:confused:I thought this was very odd.. anyone else notice? I wonder if they will release the other parts.

*EDIT* I found Part 1 and I tried to add it to this site... It has the first 1- 13 episodes and only has English dub. But Part 3 is still missing.
Part 1, you can get at Wal-Mart for less than $10, so it's not really worth it to make or buy an HK of that. And I don't believe Funi has released some episodes in the middle there. that's why Mac ripped what they had and thus called them part 2 and part 4. I'm sure they'll make a part 3 rip whenever Funi puts those discs out.
Well, that explains alot. It all comes down to Funimation! Leave it to them to release episodes in the wrong order Big Grin. Funny though...

I'd like to get some DB and DBZ. Not so sure I even want to touch GT because that really isn't Akira Toriyama's work. He put a 'Z' at the end of DBZ to signify the end of Dragonball (Z is the last letter of the alphabet, nothing comes after). I thought that was interesting.
SirChico: I had the same fear but I enjoyed DBZ GT Part1 Perfect edition very much...It was slow to start but after that it is really good (Goku turns to Super sayajin 4...yeah baby)
That's good to know. Thanks for the advice. I read that when GT first aired in Japan, that alot of DBZ fans were lost because of the slow beginning. So in America (on Cartoon Network) they skipped a bunch of episodes, to make sure they wouldn't lose DBZ fans. I guess they kept it on the DBGT DVD releases. I would rather see a slow beginning then miss the first episodes.
Once again, I have to somehow reassure/disapoint you. Mac used the funimation release which means that they skipped up to eps 17. At the end of Disc one, there is an episode which summarized the previous 16 eps. I was frustrated at first (I previously downloaded the GT from internet a few years ago Realplayer format and it was really slow) but after a while, you can see that you didn't miss much. It is a really good show. I am waiting for the next boxset Smile
Check this thread
Here
Sigh... Funimation is at it again skipping and releases episodes in the wrong order. Thanks for the input.
Yeah, I hate Funimation, but keep in mind that what MAC realeses from Dragonball they got it from funimation, so whatever funimation hasnt realese MAC won't either, they're like 18 eps. more after part 2, but I think they waiting for funimation to release some more so they can put like 45 eps in part 3.
Funimation is releasing the Dragonball (original) DVDs somewhat in order, but have yet to release the first 13 epsiodes. They released a few after the first 13 episodes, skipped to near the end, and then jumped back to where they left off.
They had to skip the first thirteen episodes due to the fact that Trimark still owns distribution rights. I believe, now Trimark/Kidmark's ownership is over though.