Import Anime Forums

Full Version: MAC title shipped from Canada too?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If MAC are new package of AS, are they shipped from Canada too?

I really like to order AS title since it only take a day to arrive home Big Grin
Yup AS and MAC titles shipped from within Canada, if u around Ontario takes about a day to arrive... if u on the west coast usually takes 3 days
Wonderful news! I never knew that. Thanks for the enlightenment!

EDIT: perhaps this is a stupid follow up question but for the MAC discs, do we have to pay in USD even though we live in Canada too (Ontario region)?
all prices are in US dollars ^_^
Oh fiddlesticks Sad
yeah... all prices are us.... but i'm sure he'll accept canadian funds... right?

but i can't wait to make an order on MAC and AS titles.... cause i live in Ontario also..... quick shipping! woohoo! Tongue
I dont take Canadian funds cause its kinda inconvinient... i mean have u pay me 13.49... those kind of weird figures... US money orders can be bought at your local post office.
Is Canadian money no good in Canada?!?
Quote:Originally posted by "Steve_the_Talking_Pie"

Is Canadian money no good in Canada?!?

it seems that's what JunkieJoe was saying Tongue

but seriously.... isn't a money order a money order? if it's in canadian or US funds it's still the same amount of money? (well you know what i mean.... a $9 US m/o or a $13.whatever CAN m/o)... when putting it into your bank account it all turns out the same Tongue

but hey.... whatever way works... or whatever you accept.... it's all good Tongue
Actually, it's not all the same.
The Canadian and US dollar value fluxuates constantly. If you do most of your business in one currency, it's hard to tell what exchange rate you'll get when you cash a cheque.

I'm guessing that JunkieJoe's suppliers in HK deal in US currency so he keeps a separate US bank account for doing business. I guess he could over charge Canadian funds to allow for mild fluxuations but could end up getting the short end of the stick if the exchange rate changes too quickly.

I live in Ontario and used to work at the bank. The bank I worked at updated exchange rates every 10 minutes. There is no good way to predict what the dollar will do.

A lot of foriegn countries use the US dollar as a standard for trading because it is considered to be one of the more stable economies in the world. The Euro has been gaining in popularity as well.

In the long run, your best bet is just to use PayPal to make payment and accept whatever exchange rate your credit card company gives you. Most banks in Canada charge about $5 for a money order any more (which still isn't too bad if that's your only option).
It's weird how currency works. Big Grin The Russian Rupple used to be a serious steal, when exchanged with American money. :lol: A lot of shady bussiness went down with it.