Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Best Avatar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did everyone notice Zagatto's new avatar? - quite funny. Initially, thought it was Junkie Joe's, then noticed that it looked a little different and said a little different. I vote it for the best avatar of the year 2004 so far.
Well I was about to say it's great but how is it the best thing ever? ( No offense to ANYONE) until I saw it turn into Lupin. That pick of Lupin is VERY fitting and I do agree it is the best Avatar. Zaggato...you rock brother!Cool
Thanks guys,

It's responses like these that make the effort worth it.
My biggest problem is what to do with my next avatar. I'm guessing the humour of this one will wear out after a while.
I love that Lupin. It's like it's him playing the joke and not Zagatto.Smile
hmmm zagatto's avatar is pretty cool but my fav is definalty atomic orgasm's thats kickin
I like Zag's because of its subtle, intelligent humour. I am guessing that Zag considers Lupin as his alter ego (since it always contains Lupin), and he is usurping the power of 'Almighty' by blasting 'the smiley', hence almost mighty. Oh boy......that just sounded like BS pschycho-analysis on my part. Anyway, what I am saying is that it is what people label as dry humour.

AtomicOrgasm's dancing man is fun to watch. Matthewmalay's walking man (looks like Charlie Chaplin) is kind of amusing. Let's see...........who else has a cool avatar............
Quote:Originally posted by hbk101
Matthewmalay's walking man (looks like Charlie Chaplin) is kind of amusing. Let's see...........who else has a cool avatar............

It's John Cleese from the Monty Python sketch Ministry of Silly Walks, I've had this avatar for along time now and don't plan on changing it anytime soon mainly cause I'm lazy.

Zagatto's new avater is pretty cool, I keep mistaking his post for JJs though.
I think that once you read a bit of the post that should easily clear up any confusion between me and JJ.

I have this thing about changing my avatar from time to time. Sometimes I can go six months or so and others only a few weeks.
It mostly depends on when I get the creative urge to make a new one.

In general, I like animated avatars. Especially when people manage to pull a decent one off within the 20k file size limit we have here.

I'm curious, did Atomic Orgasm or Matthewmalay make their own animated avatars or were they pulled off some other web site? I'd be interested to find out where they got their footage if they made their own.
I made it myself, luckily I found a collage of pictures on the net which made the job pretty easy to do

http://www.mwscomp.com/mpfc/silywalk.gif

I had to reduce it to 2 colours though cause the limit used to be 6 kb, thats why my avatar lacks detail
I think that the two colour scheme you used is quite effective. It makes the view focus on the actual movement and not get distracted by the details.

I'm always impressed when people make an image with motion and manage to keep the file size super small. I keep looking at my newest avatar and think that there must be a way to make it smaller than the current 20k.
Reducing it to 16 colors is a good way to reduce size, reducing the size of the picture also helps.

Best source for making animated avatars are all my divx/avi files and my DVDs. I usually use VirtualDubMod to take screenshots cause I can take screenshots of precise frames.
Does anyone think my new av needs pupils to roll up as the eyes open? Or do you guys think it's fine as is?I've been arguing with myself over this for the past couple days and thought I should ask all of you. Thanx for any criticism!Smile
it might add to the effect of the opening, but i reckon that itll take away the fear that those eyes put deep into my heart, man they are freaky! im on the fench about it, give the pupils a trial run for a while and see how it goes!

my avs usually suck, i just steal pictures from web sites!
I like it the way it is. Pupils take away the effect. Oh WellRolleyes