Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Getterdome Reviews?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is getterdome.com a reliable quality site? I was just wondering since they are offering pretty good bundle set prices.
My friend bought from there once but shipping is kind of slow and the customer service is a bit crappy. One set which he ordered didn't play on his dvd players, he returned it but the refund took place only after 4 or 5 emails.

Maybe it's just his luck...I personally don't know.
I've seen people review them on another forum. Many people had good deals with them but some had problems when ordering alot of titles at once. They shipped part of the order but the missing discs he/she has been waiting on for months and have sort of given up on receiving them. So I think their customer service leaves some room for improvement.
yea man because they had the dragonball z bundle all 1-12 sets of MI for a low low price.

But looking at the FAQ page I can tell that his grammar isn't too well and I don't know if it is based in America or not.
No, he is not.

He is based in HK
I've bought from them before and never had any problems. but their shipping is kinda high.
Don't bother with HK Dealers with bad customer service if you can help it. If the transaction goes wrong, there is nothing you can do about it (short of complaining to Paypal - but we all know how that goes). The reputation of Getterdome isn't so great. Many complained that they don't easily replace missing or defective items. They ask you to place another order with them, and missing sets or replacements will be shipped with new orders, which is totally bogus. Granted, 90% of times, your order will be completed without problems, but I learned that sometimes saving extra $10 is not worth the problem for chance that the entire order could go wrong.
thanks hbk for the heads up... I guess I will just keep ordering all of the dbz mi boxsets individually.. I just hope that they dont get pulled from every site because of FUNi or they all sell out or something.
I recently ordered the Dragonball Z (MI) bundle from Getterdome.com (along with a few other things). I ordered about 4 days ago and haven't recieved it yet, but when(if) I do, i'll let you know. ^_^ I just couldn't pass up all of DBZ for $220! Even though shipping on my order was $55, the price for all the sets was still less than most places selling them individually even with shipping.
~Chrno
I recieved my dvds from getterdome today. ^_^ They were packed pretty well, in bubble wrap, and none were broken or damaged. It took a while for my order to ship (about 5 days) but after that it only took 4 to arrive. Overall i'm happy with my experience, so i'd recommend them. Especially for the DBZ (MI) set since its such a good deal! ^_~
SO everything was ok Chrno?

Discs not defective? And did you use PayPal?

I am looking for Part 9 since its out of stock at my sources I use.
Quote:Originally posted by Jaded God
SO everything was ok Chrno?

Discs not defective? And did you use PayPal?

I am looking for Part 9 since its out of stock at my sources I use.

Everything seemed okay, No cases or disks were broken or damaged, none rattling around in the cases. I havent had a chance to check all the disks yet, most are still in the plastic. ^_^" So I'm not sure if there are any defective disks. I've only watched the first set of DBZ and checked the last set. Those played perfectly. The other 3 disks that weren't DBZ played fine as well. Also, I did pay with paypal and everything went smoothly (ordered 37 disks).
I haven't ordered from them, but I plan on doing it soon since they are like the only people who seem to stock new AV and MI titles quickly. Everyone else has become FX whores seemingly.
I ordered from them a while ago, for the same reason Vinny said (they were the few who had the new D.Conan movie in stock, and at a good price) and ordered a few other DVDs too. I used Paypal, and got my DVD's in less then a week. That's pretty good time considering they're from HK.
Do ask if the items you want are indeed in-stock before making your purchase. Speedpost to west cost Canada do take 3 days only. Items are well packed. I will certainly buy from it again.