Import Anime Forums

Full Version: MPC Problem.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Media Player Classic sucks at playing MP4 videos using FFDshow, whereas WMP 6.4+ plays them just fine.
haha. MPC sucks at playing everything for me, every time I open it just freezes.
hmm, I think I'll stick with 6.4 for OGM/avi/mpg, and 9 for ASF/WMV. Glad to get rid of QT and never have to install REal when i use MPC.
what filters are being loaded? also what version of MPC are you using.. I have never had 1 problem with it at all..
already said FFDshow. 6.4.7.5
but directshow works like this

File Reader-> File Spliiter-> Video Decoder -> Video Output
\-> Audio Decoder -> Audio Output

FFDShow only works at the Video Decoder part..
MP4 files are formats so there might be different filters loading for the reading and splitting which is why MPC might be having problems.. all you gotta do is go into the Graph control of MPC and block those filters that are having problems and then it should work just like WMP6.4+
I don't see the graph editor. As for the filters, they both use the same ones. MPC is probably out of order, which begs the question as to why I have to go through this hassle to watch a simple clip?
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
I don't see the graph editor. As for the filters, they both use the same ones. MPC is probably out of order, which begs the question as to why I have to go through this hassle to watch a simple clip?

well its called Filter -> Overrides in the options..

And second it could also be the fact that an Internal filter is being loaded and causing problems.. Which if that is the case i know the developer would fix it immediatly if he found this problem..

Second to see what filters are loaded just Right click and look in the filters Menu and it will tell you all the filters that are being loaded.. You can also do this is WMP6.4 but 7+ you can't.. since they don't give you control over your graph or view the filters..

Btw how large is the file.. So i possibly could test it on my system also..
I know how to check the filters. Already said the same filters were loaded, just seemed to be in the wrong order. As for Filter overrides, no way in hell am I going through all those Decoders and selecting them one by one.

If you want to test it, it's right here:

http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~methomps/b...45kbps.avi
Ok fist say gomen.. I though you where talking it being in a mp4 file.. Not just Mpeg4 in a AVI file.. So thats why i talked more about the graph. And second that clip works just fine on my computer.. But then again i have a brandnew build of FFDshow built on Mar 4 2004.

Also for note i am running in VMR 7 (Renderless)
in the Playback -> Output options.. which you might be running in Overlay or something else.. Since i think WMP defaults to something else..
meh, I think I'll stick with WMP 6.4. It's too much of a pain in the ass to have to fix up MPC to make it as useful as WMP is out of the box.
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
meh, I think I'll stick with WMP 6.4. It's too much of a pain in the ass to have to fix up MPC to make it as useful as WMP is out of the box.

It all depends on the sytem.. MPC works outta the box on everything for me.. I love the internal filters for OGM and Matroska which you don't need to find other ones for.. I also like the built in avi reader which can read broken avi's.. But i can't complain you tried it and you just didn't like it.. So no bothers.. ;o) But it is a great piece of software and i guess sometime too much just don't adhere to people.. (I run the VMR Renderless so it cna use its internal subtitle engine) instead of having to install DirectVobSub
WMP7 onwards sucks so Ram hogging and slow just get/stick with

http://www.mpegx.com/view.php?detail=1890

PS i hate XP!
Quote:Originally posted by rav96

PS i hate XP!

thats what we have been talking about
MPC = Media Player Classic and Kak said he was having problems with MPC
Quote:Originally posted by rav96

PS i hate XP!

I just did a test. Using the same MPEG movie clip, I watched it using Both WMP 6.4 and WMP 9.00.00.2298.

Results:
6.4 CPU Usage spiked at highest of 23%, and averaged around 6-17%.
6.4 Mem Usage was 15688K

9 CPU Usage spiked at 26% and averaged anywhere between 5-20%
9 Mem Usage was at 6880K Using the Classic Skin. Mem Usage was at most 9688K when using full mode.

Conclusion: Memory usage is lower. However, Program speed doesn't denote emory usage.
Pages: 1 2