Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anyone else played or got it yet? I picked it up today and MAN DOES IT ROCK!!! The FA-MAS shakes my HOUSE!!!
I'm going to have to pick it up very soon. Hopefully next week. Don't get too far ahead of me.Wink
I was thinking about getting it but i was waiting until the games price dropped. Isnt it just a remake of Metal Gear Solid for the playstation?
yeah its a remake but it will rock your world from what i hear!

still not out in the UK but its a must GC purchase!
It is a remake and it's a whole new game as well. It has First Person Shooting mode like in MGS2SOL. New cut scenes. Extra additions in the old cutscenes. Like Revolver Ocelot spinning his gun. He spins it all over the place and does all kinds of tricks with it instead of spinning it for 2 seconds like in the original. It has a new dubbing and some extra dialogue. All kinds of little things that make it more fun than ever. Guards come from all over the place when you're spotted now too.
Man it rox!!!!
I also hear that it has the orginal MG hidden in the game and that makes me happy I just hope they update the graphics some...
I did not like the live footage in some of the game's cutscenes... It felt like some sort of educational video or something.
Alright! I just got home with my brand new copy! Looks like I'll be spending even more quality time with gamecube!
I haven't played it yet (that go's for any other MGS), but I'll eventually get it... I do know this though:

During the Psycho Mantis scene, this time around, he won't just read your memory card, but he will give different messages depending on which games you have on the memory card. This includes Eternal Darkness... Silicon Knights developed this to. Any of you have an Eternal Darkness save file?
Hm I like to see a remake of the original game never got to play that game.Sad
You just might get that Zoddguts.
Hey if you had C:SOTN on your PS Memory Card Psycho Mantis would say something like of you like playing castlevania or something to that effect...
OK 2 things about Metal Gear Twin Snakes...No I repeat absolutely NO Spoilers here btw.

1) I just beat it and man I have to say from the REX Fight on to the end is some prime gaming stuff!

2) After I saved it I started my second game. After messing with the first guards you come across I realized that I still had disc 2 in. WTF?!?!?! Why is it letting me start over with disc 2? I thought they had all the first disc stuff on disc 1! Why is letting me start over on disc 2?!?!?!:confused: :confused: :confused:
God, I love those Cyborg Ninja and Sniper Wolf scenes...Big Grin

Quote:Originally posted by DARK OSAMU
2) After I saved it I started my second game. After messing with the first guards you come across I realized that I still had disc 2 in. WTF?!?!?! Why is it letting me start over with disc 2? I thought they had all the first disc stuff on disc 1! Why is letting me start over on disc 2?!?!?!:confused: :confused: :confused:

Hmmm...I went to the demo theater thingie...can't remember what it's called, but it is unlocked whenever you beat the game...anyway, on the demo theater it plays some of the cutscenes at the very beginning while still on disc 2, but eventually it will ask you to switch to disc 1...strange.

*minor spoilers*

As far as I can tell there are no secret extra's besides the ones that were in the original MGS (bandana, stealth, tuxedo...etc.)

*end minor spoilers*

*spoilers*

SirChico: I have an Eternal Darkness save file. He mentions that you like Silicon Knights games and that you like Eternal Darkness.

Also, if you have some Nintendo games he will mention them too...Wind Waker, SSBMelee, Super Mario Sunshine.

*end spoilers*
I'm at Rex again. This time I am getting the Otocan ending. Man the Bandana is fun! I found out that on disc 2 you can play until the elevator. I took a snapshot of Rex shooting missles at me the first time through. I finally found the PSG-1 but I picked up the PSG-1T just in case this time too. I forgot the first time that the real sniper rifle was in the armory. Rolleyes I didn't play around with Raven in the warehouse this time either. I used nothing but stun grenades right beside him. I dropped him in about 15 seconds. Maybe it was 30 but it was less than a minute I know. Give it a try.Wink This time I'm gonna try and get a pic of Rex shooting the Laser.Big Grin

-EDIT-

SPOILER SPOILER!!!DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU BEAT IT!!!!

My favorite scene is when Ninja gets smashed and then smeared across the floor. I couldn't beleive how AWESOME that looked.:eek: :eek:
I agree, that whole cutscene involving the Ninja was a site to behold.

*you guessed it...more SPOILERS*

I liked the cutscene after you beat Sniper Wolf the second time, I thought it was cool how they changed it around a bit...how the laser slowly falls after Snake and Sniper Wolf shoot each other.

*end SPOILERS*

Some of those cutscenes do get a little over the top though, with Snake's jumping and superhuman stunts...Rolleyes but I still love 'em Big Grin

I'm trying to collect the dog tags, but there is one that I cannot find...somewhere near the end of the game...
Pages: 1 2 3