Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Customs Advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pondering over an order here...worried about customs though as it reaches 182 dollars. The limit is 160 dollars I guess...to avoid tax.

Arc the Lad Perfect
Berserk Perfect
Cowboy Bebop Perfect
DNA^2 Perfect
Gasaraki Perfect
Nadia (Series) Perfect
War in the Pocket-Gundam
Fruits Basket
Tylor OVA

Can anyone offer advice on this? Would I actually be better off in two shipments? Thanks for any help.
Oh, and this is US too, sorry.

Edit: *punches self in face* sorry, I guess that limit doesn't apply to US, sorry, don't mind the idiot-fool.
or u could do what i do sometimes split the order into two seperate orders under 100$ each and sometimes i order them on different days of the week to Big Grin
Ask the seller to label it as gift. Big Grin
lucky US peops

and you'd think that US customs would be one of the harshest due to high terror threats and check packages etc to the MAX?

damn UK customs GRRRRR!!!!
Quote:Originally posted by rav96
lucky US peops

and you'd think that US customs would be one of the harshest due to high terror threats and check packages etc to the MAX?

damn UK customs GRRRRR!!!!

They probably are one of the harshest customs but not with shipments in the US or from Canada to the US. I'm sure packages from ouside of north america are checked good.
I'm sure we are one of the highest secured on importing. We just aren't charged fees regardless if they check the packages comming in or not. :p
my bad...i guess you lot are right

damn UK Customs, i feel like "terrorising" themWink

no offence of anything its jus a simple joke
Ravs opinion = Terrorism is EVIL
UK customs are not as bad as Belguim customs ;p so u guys should be happy
what are belgium customs like

whats their weight limit?
ours is £18 limit :S. a little more if its a gift *cries*
For UK Gifts it is £36. Supposedly this includes shipping as well but i think they are quite lenient on the shipping part.
I've only ever been caught by customs once. I dished out £30 for £100 worth of dvds.

Though the minimum is suppsed to be £18, my friend got charged £10 for a £15 dvd.

UK customs can check anything they want, regardless of stated price on the label. In the end, the charge was for the royal mail to cover the repackaging fees!! WHat a rip!!!!

Generally I don't think customs charges are too bad here. I mean I ordered a gigantic ouija board which is about 2foot by 1 foot sent by ems and they didn't do diddly squat