Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Out of print?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I recently found out that Studio Ghibli (by FX) went out of print... Does this mean that this site will never have it again and I should find it at another site before it's to late or are they taking it out of print for a possible better version? Just wondering if I should wait or go find it on eBay...

Maybe the above question is just speculation and it can't be answered, but maybe this can be answered (I figured I'd drop my "out of print" questions all in one shot)... Is the Neon Genesis Evangelion Tv + Movies by Fx out of print? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks for your time.
not sure about the syudio ghibli one but that does seem to be the word on the street so id advise you pick it up asap (although i dont think its that old cause it cant be older than the spirited away R1 release)

as for the evangelion set its out of print yes but FX are releasing a new version of the set, think it may already be out but im not sure if the set includes the movies. if not then get the series and just pick up the R1 of end of evangelion, dont bother with death and rebirth, half is a retelling of the show (which makes no sense) and the other is the first 20mins of end of evangelion.

does that answer you question?
Thanks alot! I appreciate your help.
http://www.sundevildvd.com
and
http://www.sundevildvd.com

still have the set ! from fx dubbed !

-LE
I don't have another question about another "out of print" set, but it has to do with the Studio Ghibli set (I figured I could ask it here instead of starting a new thread). I am going to purchase the Studio Ghibli set on eBay, so:

Does the Studio Ghibli box set have wide or fullscreen viewing? (I read the review, but they didn't mention if it did or not)

Thanks for your help.
yes Ghibli FX is out of print and yes i wont have it unless FX decides to redo it
Quote:Originally posted by JunkieJoe
yes Ghibli FX is out of print and yes i wont have it unless FX decides to redo it

Sorry... but I didn't ask that Sad... In my last post I just wanted to know if it was widescreen or fullscreen. Because Studio Ghibli was the topic at hand I thought I could sneak in another question about it.
Well if the FX set was rip from either R1 or the R2 DVDs then I'm guessing they are in anamorphic widescreen. I have Laputa: Castle in the Sky, Kiki's Delivery Service and seen Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke on R1 DVD and they were anamorphic. Also have Porco Rosso MAC version which was a R2 rip and it was in anamorphic widescreen. Maybe if you select your DVD player to 4:3 Pan Scan then the movies will be presented in fullscreen.

The old MI and MAC Ghibli sets were in letterbox widescreen.
mattewmalay, thank you! I don't have a preference (between wide or full) the only reason I ask was because on eBay I got different findings... so I wanted to find out what Fx was for sure. I am satisfied.

To all others who helped thank you!
There is an MI rip of it also but the packaging is not as nice imo.
i have the FX set and i can confirm its anamorphic widescreen for all!
Is Hellsing by FX out of print?
Not that I know of.
Gooooood. I love vampires...and anime...so the mixture must be good!
i take it you'll love the "Freak Chips"Wink
Pages: 1 2